Cars that stood out at the Geneva Motor Show 2015
From cool cars to hot wheels, here's who stole the show at the Geneva Motor Show 2015.
The all-new Volvo XC90, a seven-seater luxury SUV is set to hit the Indian shores in 2015. It showcases a touchscreen laid out in a portrait format in the centre stack, which can be run on Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. The top-end variant will have a Bowers & Wilkins' sound system, among many other features. It is equipped with a world-first Run-Off Road Protection System, which detects if the vehicle runs off the road and the seat belts pre-tensioners keep the occupants safe.
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer is a beast loaded with beauty. Based on BMW’s Active Tourer, the ‘Gran’ version adds more space as well as seating configurations. With rear seats folded into the floor and the middle-row seats collapsed, storage space can be added or removed as needed—up to 67 cubic feet. It is the first premium compact able to carry up to seven people, including up to five child seats for those carpool runs to soccer games or birthday parties.
The Mercedes-Maybach Pullman is the second model, which assumes the top-of-the-range position, with vis-à-vis seating in the partitioned-off passenger compartment. It provides the space for a generously sized and tastefully appointed club lounge in the rear, with a multitude of creature comforts fitted as standard, thereby ensuring the chauffeur-driven limousine lives up to today's expectations of what constitutes total exclusivity and luxury.
Audi’ s second-generation R8 supercar is to watch out for. With a V10 engine capable of 0 to 100 kph (62 mph) in 3.2 seconds and an aluminium and carbon fiber chassis shared with the Lamborghini Huracán, the new R8 weighs 50 kg less than its predecessor while being 40 per cent more stiff. The R8 V10 mid engine now comes with a newly developed quattro drive, which ensures a sporty driving performance, especially in the top-of-the-range version.
comments powered by Disqus
- B'desh PM Sheikh Hasina slams Pak in UN for 1971 atrocities
- India replies strongly to Pak PM in UN, terms Pakistan as 'Terroristan'
- Cornered Pakistan plays Kashmir-card again at UN
- Honeypreet's husband Vishwas Gupta addresses a press conference - Watch
- Governance is not about votes, nation comes first: PM Modi
- Meet Nirvaan, India's smallest and youngest baby born after 22 weeks
- China's snub to Pakistan at UN: Won't meddle in Kashmir, solve it with India
- IRCTC blocks debit card payment gateway for several banks
- Toddler dies half an hour after allegedly being administered polio drops in Ludhiana
- Golmaal Again: Ajay Devgn - Rohit Shetty’s funny team is back to tickle your funny bone – Watch trailer