Champions League T20 2012 Final: Key players to watch out for
Zeenews.com takes a look at the players who can make a difference in the Champions League T20 final.
Gulam Bodi: Bodi has been a surprise package of the 2012 Champions League Twenty20. With so many stars representing several teams, Bodi’s name was not even considered to be in the top run-getters’ list. But here he is.
With a mix of aggression and sensibility, Bodi is now the highest run-getter in the tournament. He has scored 19, 64, 61, 8 and 50 in the last five innings respectively and the Lions would want him to bat the same way in the high-voltage final match as well.
Aaron Phangiso: If the Highveld Lions go on to win the tournament, Phangiso might bag the Man of the Series award. With his accurate line and length, he has been an integral part of the Lions’ side right through the tournament. There was no stopping him once he bowled Tendulkar in their first match of the Champions League Twenty20.
He has got breakthroughs for his side whenever he had been handed over the responsibility. He has so far picked 10 wickets in the tournament and the only time he went wicket-less was in the first match against Kolkata Knight Riders. The entire team would want him to continue his good run even in the final match.
Chris Morris: The commentators have always found themselves short of words for this tall South African and he has lived up to expectations in the previous match against the Delhi Daredevils where he conceded just 7 runs in 4 overs and scalped two wickets.
The home advantage will be with the right-arm pacer; and with an improved line and length, he can definitely bother the Sydney Sixers’ batsmen. Morris was the top wicket-taker in South Africa`s domestic Twenty20 competition last season and he would want to end his CLT20 campaign with a bang!
Pat Cummins: The 19-year-old has been predicted to be the ‘next big thing’ in Australian cricket but Cummins hasn’t quite lived up to the expectations in this Champions League. He has managed to pick just 8 wickets from six matches and his line and length hasn’t been accurate; as a result of which, he has conceded a lot of runs.
But the talented pacer, who played a major role with the bat as well against the Titans to take his side into the final, will now be high on confidence and the Lions would be wary of the damage he can cause early in the innings with his pace and bounce.
Moises Henriques: The 25-year-old all-rounder has delivered in all the crunch scenarios for his side. Henriques started his CLT20 campaign on a confident note as he first picked three wickets and then scored an unbeaten 49 from 23 balls to help his side defeat the Chennai Super Kings in their second match.
Henriques has picked up 9 wickets and has scored 86 runs from four games. The Sixers would want him to put in another formidable show in the final.
Mitchell Starc: Starc has been the backbone of the Sydney Sixers’ bowling attack and with his pace and accuracy, he has outdone Pat Cummins in most of the matches. Haddin has used him pretty well in the death overs and apart from the previous match where David Wiese played a blinder, Starc has done an excellent job for the Sixers.
According to a very interesting fact, Starc is the leading wicket-taker not just in the tournament, but in all Twenty20s this year, with an astonishing 56 wickets in 26 matches. Starc would for sure want another feather in his cap by winning the Champions League title for his side.
comments powered by Disqus
- Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Kashmir
- DNA: Passengers on Tejas Express steal headphones, damage screens
- Intelligence Bureau issues alert for infiltration of 22 terrorists from Jaisalmer border
- 17-year-old boy develops unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- Does India deserve the best facilities? Tejas Express defiled after first day of operations
- Rajasthan Board 12th Arts Result 2017: Check RBSE 12th Class Arts Result at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- WBBSE Results 2017: www.wbresults.nic.in WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared soon
- WBBSE Result 2017: West Bengal Madhyamik Result/WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 declared; check www.wbresults.nic.in
- HSC Result 2017: mahresult.nic.in Maharashtra HSC Result 2017 to be declared by May 30, 2017
- Idea Data Jackpot Offer: Get 10 GB monthly data for 3 months at just Rs 100