First swine flu death in Himachal
Shimla: A 55-year-old woman, who tested positive for swine flu, died in Shimla Saturday, the first death in Himachal Pradesh this year, a health official said.
"The victim, a resident of Sarkaghat town in Mandi district, died in the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla. She had tested positive Wednesday," state surveillance officer Omesh Bharti told IANS.
He said the woman was in the hospital for the past five days. She was admitted here with high fever and chest congestion.
Bharti said the state surveillance unit has already sounded an alert in the state in the wake of the swine flu death.
He said it was the only swine flu case detected in the state so far this year.
"We sent a team of doctors to the victim`s hometown soon after she tested positive and her family was given prophylactic treatment," added Bharti.
comments powered by Disqus
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!