First swine flu death in Himachal
Shimla: A 55-year-old woman, who tested positive for swine flu, died in Shimla Saturday, the first death in Himachal Pradesh this year, a health official said.
"The victim, a resident of Sarkaghat town in Mandi district, died in the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla. She had tested positive Wednesday," state surveillance officer Omesh Bharti told IANS.
He said the woman was in the hospital for the past five days. She was admitted here with high fever and chest congestion.
Bharti said the state surveillance unit has already sounded an alert in the state in the wake of the swine flu death.
He said it was the only swine flu case detected in the state so far this year.
"We sent a team of doctors to the victim`s hometown soon after she tested positive and her family was given prophylactic treatment," added Bharti.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
comments powered by Disqus
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan