First swine flu death in Himachal
Shimla: A 55-year-old woman, who tested positive for swine flu, died in Shimla Saturday, the first death in Himachal Pradesh this year, a health official said.
"The victim, a resident of Sarkaghat town in Mandi district, died in the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla. She had tested positive Wednesday," state surveillance officer Omesh Bharti told IANS.
He said the woman was in the hospital for the past five days. She was admitted here with high fever and chest congestion.
Bharti said the state surveillance unit has already sounded an alert in the state in the wake of the swine flu death.
He said it was the only swine flu case detected in the state so far this year.
"We sent a team of doctors to the victim`s hometown soon after she tested positive and her family was given prophylactic treatment," added Bharti.
comments powered by Disqus
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them