First swine flu death in Himachal
Shimla: A 55-year-old woman, who tested positive for swine flu, died in Shimla Saturday, the first death in Himachal Pradesh this year, a health official said.
"The victim, a resident of Sarkaghat town in Mandi district, died in the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla. She had tested positive Wednesday," state surveillance officer Omesh Bharti told IANS.
He said the woman was in the hospital for the past five days. She was admitted here with high fever and chest congestion.
Bharti said the state surveillance unit has already sounded an alert in the state in the wake of the swine flu death.
He said it was the only swine flu case detected in the state so far this year.
"We sent a team of doctors to the victim`s hometown soon after she tested positive and her family was given prophylactic treatment," added Bharti.
comments powered by Disqus
- Dawood Ibrahim's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested by Mumbai police
- America flies fighter jets over North Korea amid rising tensions
- Mumbai rains: Schools to be shut today; high tide alert issued
- After Doklam stand-off, India, China head for water dispute
- Mexico's 7.1 magnitude earthquake kills above 140, search for survivors continues
- Mumbai: 55-year-old mother gets her own son killed for sexually abusing her
- Heavy rains, lightning hits Mumbai; BMC on alert
- Seeking a job at NASA? This is what you're signing up for
- Marriage racket busted in Hyderabad, 8 sheikhs arrested
- 'Ghumane waala daal': Stump mic reveals how MS Dhoni leads Team India from behind