Just by looking at the callous events that took place in the second week of July, 2011, one can easily arrive at a conclusion that Indian democracy is dreadfully diluted and is no longer capable of fighting its enemies. And ironically, most of the foes of the nation are dwelling within the borders of the country.
In a dramatic turnaround of events, the focus that was primarily on uprooting corruption under the guidance of ‘Modern Gandhi’ Anna Hazare has now shifted to terrorism. Mumbai, India’s financial capital has again fallen prey to the perilous attempts of terror outfits that quench their thirst for blood by killing innocent Indian lives. Time and again ‘THEY’ have tried to kill us. Who they are, where they come from, who sponsors them is known to the world. And there is precious little that we can do to stop them from thinking the way they do.
The eventful second week of July has opened a new chapter in the history of modern Indian politics and socio political state of affairs.
Here’s what happened in the week:
10th July, Guwahati-Puri Express accident:
Trinamool Congress MP and Minister of State for Railways Mukul Roy, refused to visit the accident zone in Kamrup district of Assam where reportedly, a makeshift volatile tool was used to cause the blast that led to the derailment of the Guwahati-Puri Express on Sunday night, stating “I am not the Railways Minister, the Prime Minister is.”
10th July, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu:
A CCTV camera installed at a traffic signal by the Coimbatore city police grabbed images of a man being brutally killed in broad day light by local goons. A number of commuters in the busy crossing stood witness to the inhuman act, but none came to save the victim from being murdered. The four who committed the crime were arrested by the police eventually.
Now, the question that one needs to raise is, why are CCTV cameras installed? Have they been fixed to simply grab footage? In this case, no watchful police officer was stationed in front of the monitor to take immediate action. If the four culprits could be arrested following the murder, why couldn’t the police nip it in the bud and save a life?
Ideally, the police should have spontaneously taken steps to prevent such a ghastly act from taking place.
11-12th July: Cabinet Reshuffle
The recent cabinet reshuffle only testifies the fact the Indian government has failed miserably for not being able to make wise decisions and take appropriate actions. Enveloped in a series of controversies including the 2G scam, the Adarsh Housing Society scam, terror attacks and many more to recall…the Indian government has succumbed to all anti-social and anti-national activities.
13th July, Mumbai - Dadar, Opera House, Zaveri Bazar
Indian commercial capital was yet again attacked by terrorists. The three areas- Dadar, Opera House and Zaveri Bazar are commercial hubs flocked by thousands perhaps more people in a day. And the perpetrators of the gruesome act have all their research and development in place. They know when to act and how.
The fact of the matter is that no matter which part of India one is in, crime and corruption has seeped in at all levels. No one takes responsibility and one liable to give answers.
Our DNA is turning corrupt. And THEY make most of such a paralysed system. Alas, the commoners in the nation have little to offer to detoxify the system.
comments powered by Disqus
- Delhi deputy CM Manish Sisodia calls Anna Hazare 'fraud'
- Yogi effect: Wearing saffron outfit is the latest trend in UP
- Cricketer Gautam Gambhir to bear expenses of Sukma martyrs' children
- UP special task force seals 7 petrol pumps in Lucknow
- Are the youth in Kashmir forced to join terror forces? Terrorist bears all
- 7th Pay Commission allowances: Panel submits report to FM Jaitley; govt employees set to get HRA hike of up to 178%
- IPL 2017: Ravindra Jadeja rocket throw shocks Virat Kohli's RCB, sends dangerous AB de Villiers back — MUST WATCH
- Rajasthan: THIS wedding card is crashing Internet and PM Narendra Modi will be pleased
- Did Eman's sister ignore doctors' advice? Cops called in after Shaimaa feeds world's heaviest woman water
- Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir to bear education expenses of slain CRPF soldiers' children