India, US to share healthcare models with Ethiopia
New Delhi: India`s successful health practices are set to go global as a delegation from Ethiopia will be visiting the country to witness the reach of healthcare models to the urban poor.
India and the US will also be working together on sharing the healthcare models that will benefit Africa, a statement said Thursday.
"This visit is an excellent example of what is possible when India and the United States cooperate to share solutions to global challenges such as the health of the urban poor," said William Hammink, mission director at the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
The 19-member delegation of government officials from Ethiopia will be visiting health programmes supported by USAID, the Indian government and other partners during stops in Maharashtra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and the national capital.
The delegation will also meet representatives from city municipal corporations, government officials, corporate partners, and public and private sector hospitals. The visit focuses on experience sharing around priority global health issues.
"Urban health issues, especially in poor communities, are an enormous challenge in our country. We are greatly looking forward to learning from the Indian experience," said Dereje Mamo, the director of the planning and policy directorate of the Ethiopian ministry of health.
The 10-day visit will also emphasise on public-private partnership to deliver healthcare in India, mobilisation and involvement of communities in the sector, and how the country trains its peer-educators and health professionals.
While India`s urban health mission is yet to take off, the National Rural Health Mission (NHRM) spanning across districts and villages has been known for providing accessible and affordable primary health facilities through a workforce of auxiliary nurse midwives (ANMs), anganwadi workers and accredited social health activists (ASHA).
comments powered by Disqus
- End of triple talaq will grant equality to Muslim women, says PM Modi
- Congress hails Supreme Court verdict on triple talaq
- Businessman kidnapped near police station in Udaipur - Watch
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, many injured
- Watch: Asaduddin Owaisi's opinion about Supreme Court verdict on triple talaq
- Doklam standoff: If Chinese troops enter India, there will be "utter chaos", says Beijing
- Do you have a clue about the weather on Mars? This is how it is
- SC sets aside triple talaq, terms it void and unconstitutional: As it happened
- Past is past, MS Dhoni can't play till he wants: Gautam Gambhir
- Rajiv Gandhi had overturned SC's verdict on Shah Bano case, now Rahul welcomes triple talaq judgement – How Congress has transitioned