Valentine`s Day: Without respect, love is meaningless, says John Abraham
As Cupid sets out to paint the world in hues of red and couples all over are busy planning for ‘The Day’, Ananya Bhattacharya of Zeenews.com caught up with the man every girl in the country – and beyond – would want to date – John Abraham. The hunk opens up about love, the kind of women he’d fall in love with, February 14 and a lot more. Snippets from the conversation:
What is the concept of love and romance according to you?
Love, to me, is a state of mind and heart. The definition of love changes with every person; we love different people differently. The most important part of love, I feel, is respect. Without respect, love doesn’t really have any meaning.
As far as the real John is concerned, what do you look for in a partner?
I look for only one thing in a woman – simplicity. A woman’s biggest strength, I feel, is her simplicity.
A serious, crazy lover; a flirt or some other kind – what are you like?
I want to believe that I’m romantic – but to be honest, I’m a practical person. I’m more of an outdoor lover. A fun day for me, for example, would be one involving a bike ride, or bungee jumping or mountaineering or that sort of stuff. Being out there in the wild which would entail a lot of adventure is what I really like to do – I’m that sort of a person!
What does the entire phenomenon called Valentine’s Day mean to you? Any special Valentine’s Day memory that you’d want to share with us?
I feel women find the idea of Valentine’s Day much more special and important. As a man, one needs to pay a lot of heed to his girl’s wishes. It is very important for a man to be sensitive to what his partner wants. Valentine’s Day almost sets a benchmark for you – it is as if the things you do on that day is a precedent of what the entire year would be like! (laughs)
Valentine’s Day... I don’t really have any special memory of the day as such.
How necessary is being in a relationship for you?
There’s something that I believe in – you have to be happy within yourself. Whether you’re alone and happy or you’re in a relationship and happy – that’s what matters the most. It is very important to be happy in oneself – no matter how that happens!
A Valentine’s Day message for our readers!
In the world of today, where materialistic things are far more prevalent and have become a lot important, find time for love. Like I always say, go back to love and fresh air!
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars