Wedding season special: Guide to pick your bridal jewellery
Here are a few tips to pick ideal jewellery for a winter wedding.
New Delhi: Bridal jewellery is a once in a lifetime investment for every woman, and so it needs to be chosen carefully. Pieces that can be worn in multiple ways are high on trend, says an expert.
Manju Kothari, Creative Director, fine jewellery retail brand Entice, tells you which jewellery to pick for a winter wedding:
* Choice of wearing two medium-sized necklaces on the wedding day as compared to one extra large necklace is trending these days. The two necklaces when worn together, preferably a choker and a long necklace, create a grand effect and can be worn later individually.
* Mehendi functions are the one of the most fun parts of any wedding. Maangtika with chandelier earrings add grace and the desired sparkle to the overall attire.
* Dresses for cocktail evenings can be paired with white diamonds that can further enhance the look of the bride to be.
* For a winter wedding, a very stylish but long forgotten piece of jewellery is the brooch. Instead of a pin, use this to tuck the pallu/dupatta. Brooches with coloured stones can also be used as hair accessories with ease.
* For day weddings, incorporating subtle coloured gemstones like pink tourmalines, turquoise, amethysts and pearls can give a stunning look. On the other hand, for evenings, one can opt for midnight colours like dark green emeralds and rubies.