A Delhi-bound plane of SpiceJet had to abort take-off at the last minute as an IndiGo flight could not clear the runway due to the presence of rabbits on the strip, averting a major mishap.
Succumbing to pressure, the Gujarat government on Wednesday agreed to a judicial probe into the sensational Naliya gang-rape and sex racket case allegedly involving four Kutch BJP leaders.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has slammed Samajwadui Party national president Akhilesh Yadav for his remarks on the Gujarat tourism advertisement starring Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan.
The Gujarat Assembly budget session on Monday began with a ruckus by Opposition members over a gang-rape, involving Kutch BJP leaders, forcing Governor OP Kohli to cut short his customary opening address.
The Budget session of Gujarat Assembly today began on a stormy note with Congress protesting over the Naliya gangrape issue, forcing Governor O P Kohli to cut short his customary address to the House.
The Gujarat CID on Sunday formed a committee to monitor the on-going probe into the Naliya gang-rape case by the Special Investigation Team (SIT), which arrested four local BJP leaders for their alleged involvement in the crime.
The mortal remains of Lance Naik Gopal Singh Bhadoria, martyred in a gun-battle with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir, were today consigned to flames here as thousands of grieving local residents and relatives bid a tearful adieu to the valiant soldier.
Police raided a liquor party and arrested at least 29 NID students from a private apartment in liquor party area here, police said.
Gujarat Patidar leader Hardik Patel on Thursday reiterated that he had not joined any political party and would prefer to remain the face of the Patel community's agitation for reservation in government jobs and educational institutions under the OBC quota.
Shiv Sena's decision comes just ahead of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) elections which will take place on February 21.
A scuffle between two groups of Indian and foreign students on a private university campus near Vadodara left at least 20 youths injured, including nine from abroad, the state police said on Sunday.
A panipuri vendor has been put behind bars because he used to mix toilet cleaner in 'paani' (panipuri water).
As many as nine students were injured in a clash among them at a private educational institution here, police said on Gujarat.
Delhi's ruling AAP is due to hold a massive road show in Gujarat's Gandhinagar on March 26.
At least 12 Youth Congress workers on Sunday were arrested for showing black flags to Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu and garlanding him with black cloth as soon he stepped out of his vehicle in Nanpura.
Sabarmati Express was torched at the Godhra Railway Station on February 27, 2002.
All 28 accused in a post-Godhra riots case have been acquitted by a Gandhinagar court which cited lack of substantial evidence against them.
Gujarat High Court orders govt to pay salary due to home guard jawans.
Security agencies have seized suspicious Pakistani boats in the Sir Creek area of the Kuchh region in Gujarat, report said on Thursday.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday announced two new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Jharkhand and Gujarat as part of increasing healthcare in the country.
Tension gripped Godadara locality on the city outskirts today after the severed head of a calf was found on the road enraging the crowd that pelted stones at the cops and indulged in arson, police said.
Sadhvi Jayshree Giri, arrested on Friday in a cheating case, is the prime accused in the 2008 murder of her spiritual guru and head of Mukteshwar Mahadev Math Sanjaygiri Maharaj in Banaskantha district, police said today.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Wednesday asserted that construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya was on the agenda of the BJP, a day after the party's Uttar Pradesh unit chief Keshav Prasad Maurya spoke of the temple but retracted later.
Five members of a family, including a woman and two children, were killed allegedly after their car rammed into a truck from behind near Deesa town of Banaskantha district, police said on Monday.
Over 3.5 lakh people on Saturday set a new world record by singing the national anthem at an event at Kagvad in Rajkot district of Gujarat.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will deliver an inaugural address on a three-day National Conference of Central and state ministers and secretaries of Tourism, Culture and Sports in Kutch on Friday.
Teesta Setalvad has been charged with IPC sections 153(a) (promoting enmity between two religious groups) and section 205(a) (outraging religious feelings).
According to police, the woman's husband said his wife was mentally disturbed for last six months.
Patidar agitation spearhead Hardik Patel on Tuesday left for Gujarat after spending six months away from his home state as per the Gujarat High Court's order.
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Apollo Hospitals reveal why they didn't release photos of J Jayalalithaa
- Mark the date – Watch this year's only breathtaking 'ring of fire' solar eclipse on February 26
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- Kansas shooting: Donald Trump is the primary reason, says Srinivas Kuchibhotla's relative
- PM Narendra Modi blasts Congress in Imphal rally: As it happened