A local court on Monday remanded to 12-day police custody the two ISIS suspects arrested by the Gujarat Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) from Rajkot and Bhavnagar on Sunday.
In a major breakthrough, two suspected ISIS terrorists were arrested by Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) from Rajkot and Bhavnagar on Sunday.
Two teams of ATS arrested Wasim Ramodiya from near Rajkot while Naeem was arrested in Bhavnagar past midnight. The police said Waseem's wife too was involved in the IS network.
In a bid to oppose the city civic body's demolition drive against illegally constructed houses, atleast eight women climbed atop a water tank here and allegedly threatened to commit suicide by jumping from it.
Gujarat Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) officials have arrested two persons for their alleged links with ISIS.
A Delhi-bound plane of SpiceJet had to abort take-off at the last minute as an IndiGo flight could not clear the runway due to the presence of rabbits on the strip, averting a major mishap.
Succumbing to pressure, the Gujarat government on Wednesday agreed to a judicial probe into the sensational Naliya gang-rape and sex racket case allegedly involving four Kutch BJP leaders.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has slammed Samajwadui Party national president Akhilesh Yadav for his remarks on the Gujarat tourism advertisement starring Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan.
The Gujarat Assembly budget session on Monday began with a ruckus by Opposition members over a gang-rape, involving Kutch BJP leaders, forcing Governor OP Kohli to cut short his customary opening address.
The Budget session of Gujarat Assembly today began on a stormy note with Congress protesting over the Naliya gangrape issue, forcing Governor O P Kohli to cut short his customary address to the House.
The Gujarat CID on Sunday formed a committee to monitor the on-going probe into the Naliya gang-rape case by the Special Investigation Team (SIT), which arrested four local BJP leaders for their alleged involvement in the crime.
The mortal remains of Lance Naik Gopal Singh Bhadoria, martyred in a gun-battle with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir, were today consigned to flames here as thousands of grieving local residents and relatives bid a tearful adieu to the valiant soldier.
Police raided a liquor party and arrested at least 29 NID students from a private apartment in liquor party area here, police said.
Gujarat Patidar leader Hardik Patel on Thursday reiterated that he had not joined any political party and would prefer to remain the face of the Patel community's agitation for reservation in government jobs and educational institutions under the OBC quota.
Shiv Sena's decision comes just ahead of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) elections which will take place on February 21.
A scuffle between two groups of Indian and foreign students on a private university campus near Vadodara left at least 20 youths injured, including nine from abroad, the state police said on Sunday.
A panipuri vendor has been put behind bars because he used to mix toilet cleaner in 'paani' (panipuri water).
As many as nine students were injured in a clash among them at a private educational institution here, police said on Gujarat.
Delhi's ruling AAP is due to hold a massive road show in Gujarat's Gandhinagar on March 26.
At least 12 Youth Congress workers on Sunday were arrested for showing black flags to Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu and garlanding him with black cloth as soon he stepped out of his vehicle in Nanpura.
Sabarmati Express was torched at the Godhra Railway Station on February 27, 2002.
All 28 accused in a post-Godhra riots case have been acquitted by a Gandhinagar court which cited lack of substantial evidence against them.
Gujarat High Court orders govt to pay salary due to home guard jawans.
Security agencies have seized suspicious Pakistani boats in the Sir Creek area of the Kuchh region in Gujarat, report said on Thursday.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday announced two new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Jharkhand and Gujarat as part of increasing healthcare in the country.
Tension gripped Godadara locality on the city outskirts today after the severed head of a calf was found on the road enraging the crowd that pelted stones at the cops and indulged in arson, police said.
Sadhvi Jayshree Giri, arrested on Friday in a cheating case, is the prime accused in the 2008 murder of her spiritual guru and head of Mukteshwar Mahadev Math Sanjaygiri Maharaj in Banaskantha district, police said today.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Wednesday asserted that construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya was on the agenda of the BJP, a day after the party's Uttar Pradesh unit chief Keshav Prasad Maurya spoke of the temple but retracted later.
Five members of a family, including a woman and two children, were killed allegedly after their car rammed into a truck from behind near Deesa town of Banaskantha district, police said on Monday.
Over 3.5 lakh people on Saturday set a new world record by singing the national anthem at an event at Kagvad in Rajkot district of Gujarat.
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- UP polls: Development meaningless without Ram Mandir, says BJP's Vinay Katiyar
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- UP: At least 20 children injured as school bus overturns in Kanpur
- Watch - Mayawati's new strategy to win UP polls
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return