The interim ban by National Green Tribunal (NGT) on the glass-coated thread, manja, used for flying kites will continue, with the Supreme Court today refusing to lift it.
An independent councilor, Pragnesh Patel, was shot by bike borne assailants on Friday in Anand district of Gujarat.
Union minister Smriti Irani on Thursday said Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is making derogatory remarks against Prime Minister Narendra Modi as he is "worried" about Modi's growing popularity and "desperate" to save his political legacy.
India's strength lies in demography, democracy, and demand, PM Narendra Modi said on Tuesday after inaugurating the eighth edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit, which is being attended by a host of foreign leaders, and top global and Indian CEOs.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has turned the khadi kurta and Nehru bundi waistcoat into a chic accessory.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is currently in Gujarat to inaugurate the 8th edition of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit at Mahatma Mandir.
As avian or bird flu reared its head in Gujarat after a decade, the state government sounded an alert and declared a 10-km radius around a poultry facility in Hathijan in Ahmedabad district a 'regulated zone' and culled over 1,500 birds till Wednesday afternoon.
A chargesheet has been filed by CBI against social activist Teesta Setalvad, her husband Javed Anand and a company run by them for alleged violation of foreign funding rules.
Rubbishing speculation about the possibility of early Assembly polls in Gujarat, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today said the elections would be held on schedule, during the later part of this year, and blamed the Congress for spreading such "rumours."
Gujarat CM has condoled the death of Indian national Khushi Shah, who has roots in Vadodara, in the terror attack at a night club in Istanbul.
The results for 2,891 out of 8,624 gram panchayats in Gujarat, which went to polls on December 27, came out today, following which both BJP and opposition Congress claimed their respective victories.
Counting for Gujarat gram panchayat elections results 2016 were held on Thursday.
The first batch of 110 fishermen released recently by Pakistan, arrived here from Amritsar and will soon leave for their natives places to be reunited with their families, an official said today.
Over 80 percent voter turn out was recorded in the polls held to elect members and sarpanchs in 8,624 Gram panchayats across Gujarat, the State Election Commission (SEC) said Wednesday.
It seems there is no cash crisis with these people featuring in this video.
Pandey has cited his reinstatement and promotion as incharge DGP as one of the grounds.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the four-day vibrant Gujarat Global Summit in Gandhinagar on January 10, a bi-ennial event to attract investors to the state.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi today visited the Umiya Mata temple in Unjha town of Mehsana district and offered prayers ahead of his rally.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi in recent times has upped the ante against the government over demonetisation issue.
In a shocking incident, a teenaged girl was first kidnapped and sold off for Rs 80,000 to a man, who repeatedly sexually assaulted her for five months at a village in Banaskantha district in Gujarat, police said.
The ICG Interceptor Vessel C419 of the Coast Guard seized the Pakistani boats in the Indian waters.
BJP may go for early Gujarat assembly elections.
The I-T department sleuths found that Kishore Bhajiyawala has 33 accounts in different banks.
Assembly elections are still many months away but nonetheless, incumbent Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani has the arduous task of getting the BJP back on track
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) has organised a four-day meeting of its pracharaks here from tomorrow, where Mohan Bhagwat, head of the organisation, would remain present.
A Bank Mitra (banking correspondent) at Keshod in Junagadh district was looted and murdered today following a deal to provide new currency notes in exchange for defunct notes, police said.
Amidst the charged narrative on prohibition, the Gujarat government on Thursday approved an ordinance proposing stringent action against bootleggers, tipplers, and unscrupulous officials who help criminals escape raids on liquor dens in the "dry state".
Minister of State for Home Pradeepsinh Jadeja said hookah contains 200 times more smoke than a cigarette.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is in Gujarat for a day, on Saturday visited his mother Hiraba at Raisan village near here and sought her blessings before heading for a BJP meet.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said the demonetisation decision was taken to strengthen the hands of the poor of the nation.
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Akhilesh Yadav emerges victorious; Ramgopal Yadav hints towards alliance with Congress
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP may announce its first list of candidates for UP elections today
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Watch - Heavy snowfall in various parts of the world!
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti? - Part II
- DNA: DIHAR produces vegetables for Army in high areas
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Yogeshwar Dutt sets example for society, takes Re 1 as dowry ahead of January 16 wedding
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- India vs England, Pune ODI: Virat Kohli hits 27th hundred, equals Sachin Tendulkar's world record in chase — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Latest Box Office collections of 'Dangal' and 'Ok Jaanu' are out!
- Salman Khan - Katrina Kaif will clash with Ranbir Kapoor – Here’s why
- Bigg Boss 10: Here's what Nitibha Kaul said about Manveer Gurjar after her eviction
- RBI hikes ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 10,000 per day; no change in weekly withdrawal limit