Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday appointed party leader Ashok Gehlot as in-charge of Gujarat, where assembly elections are due later this year.
The SIT opposed Kodnani's plea to the bench of justices Harsha Devani and A S Supehiya contending that the plea, made at a belated stage, was not legally tenable and cannot be permitted.
BJP president Amit Shah today told the party workers to aim at not just retaining power but "stunning" the Congress by securing a three-fourths majority in the Gujarat Assembly polls, due later this year.
Thirty-six Congress MLAs have asked the party high command to declare senior leader Shankersinh Vaghela as the chief ministerial candidate in Gujarat, where assembly polls are due by the year-end.
A 2002 Naroda Gam massacre case victim wrote to the Gujarat High Court on Tuesday seeking replacement of the special SIT judge hearing the matter with an "impartial" one.
Jagat Kinkhabwala, also known as 'sparrow man', said that in the letter, dated April 12, the PM did not only congratulate him but also displayed his sensitivity towards the issue.
The people in Gujarat's diamond city Surat were taken to surprise when a 4-year-old girl forced Prime Minister Narendra Modi's cavalcade to stop midway on Monday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday urged all citizens to serve the nation with their hard work and said that India cannot be run by the government without the support of its people.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is on a two-day visit to Gujarat, inaugurated the Kiran Multispeciality Hospital in Surat on Monday. PM Modi is due to inaugurate a series of other key projects in diamond city Surat.
PM Modi is slated to inaugurate Kiran Multi Super Speciality Hospital and Research Centre, built by a private trust, in the city on Monday morning.
This is a rare scene caught on camera!
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will commence his two-day Gujarat visit by holding a roadshow in Surat later on Sunday.
A Congress activist of Dalit community was injured in a clash with BJP workers here following a dispute on who will garland the statue of Dr B R Ambedkar on his birth anniversary.
The Supreme Court on Thursday allowed RK Raghavan, who was heading the apex court appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe 2002 Gujarat riots cases, to be relieved from the duty of heading the team.
The Supreme Court today asked a Gujarat trial court to expedite recording of evidence of prosecution witnesses in a sexual assault case lodged by two Surat-based sisters against self-styled godman Asaram.
India on Tuesday warned Pakistan to consider the "consequences" on their ties if Kulbhushan Jadhav is hanged in the alleged espionage case.
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said that Muslims should mull over putting an end to the triple talaq divorce system.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be face of the BJP in the Gujarat Assembly elections due later this year, according to senior state party leaders who see these polls in his home state as a "battle of prestige".
A Zambian student allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself inside the hostel room of a private university here on Saturday, police said.
In a tragic incident, a four-year-old boy, who fell into a borewell in Karsangadh village of Surendranagar in Gujarat on Thursday has died.
Man beaten-up by father-in-law in Gujarat.
BJP is gearing up for the 2017 Gujarat Assembly Elections.
Geetha Johri, who Tuesday took charge as the first woman Director General of Police (DGP) of Gujarat, asserted that women safety is her first priority and said she will work towards women empowerment.
After Supreme Court's refusal to allow liquor vends within 500 metres of national and state highways to sell liquor, the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd (Amul) has now come up with a unique solution to help thousands of highway liquor shop owners who are likely to be affected by it.
"If you go by the entire report, you will find that the government had followed all the laws and procedures," Shah told PTI.
The BJP government in Gujarat on Friday enacted a harsher law providing for life-term for those found involved in cow-slaughtering.
BJP president Amit Shah today met senior Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela at the Gujarat Assembly here, which the latter termed as a "courtesy call."
Four abandoned boats have been seized by the BSF in the Sir Creek area of Gujarat in January and February this year, while 11 such abandoned boats were seized in 2016, the government said today.
A case has been registered against the director of Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) after a professor complained of sexual harassment.
Police on Tuesday seized demonetised currency notes having face value of Rs 42 lakh and detained two persons travelling in a Maharashtra state transport bus which was on its way from Nasik to Ahmedabad.
- Delhi deputy CM Manish Sisodia calls Anna Hazare 'fraud'
- Yogi effect: Wearing saffron outfit is the latest trend in UP
- Don't make triple talaq a political issue, appeals PM Modi
- How long will the triple talaq issue continue to bother Muslims?
- Are the youth in Kashmir forced to join terror forces? Terrorist bears all
- Raid in retired colonel's house in Meerut; firearms, animal skin, 1 crore cash recovered
- Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement over Kashmir issue
- Watch: PM Modi addresses people at International Basavanna Convention
- Enough is enough: Video of CRPF soldier seeking revenge for Sukma martyrs goes viral
- DNA: Sudden rise in demand for nuclear shelters in Japan - Are they feeling threatened?
- DNA: Analysing the harmful effects of plastic toys
- DNA: Analysing how petrol pumps are making frauds on measurements
- DNA: How villagers bid adieu to Sukma attack martyr Banna Ram
- Huge crowd gathers to pay last respects to 24-year-old martyr Capt Ayush Yadav
- Kashmir violence: Centre refuses to talk to Kashmiri separatist leaders
- 7th Pay Commission: Report on allowances submitted- Finance Ministry statement
- Is Dawood Ibrahim dead? Chhota Shakeel reveals about underworld don's health
- IPL 2017: Ever seen MS Dhoni swing this hard? Here's what happened to the ball — WATCH
- 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' makes history, becomes first film to enter Rs 100 crore club on Day 1
- IPL 2017: Jasprit Bumrah hunts down Lions in their own den, as Mumbai beat Gujarat in Super Over – Watch Video
- Retd Colonel's residence raided in Meerut; 50,000 cartridges, 40 rifles, pistols, Rs 1 cr cash, 117 kg meat seized
- Anna Hazare called 'BJP Agent' on Twitter, Manish Sisodia retweets it
- GL vs MI: 1 run needed from 1 ball, and then 'game-changer' Ravindra Jadeja shows his master-class – Watch Video
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion – Check out final opening day breakup at Box Office
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion - SS Rajamouli's magnum opus takes Box Office by storm, shatters all records
- Bizarre! Girl's 'two-faced' mirror reflection creates sensation on social media – See pic
- Bollywood diva Disha Patani rates Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh on a scale of 1 to 10 – Watch Video
- If there's a referendum in Balochistan, people will vote for India, says top Baloch leader
- India contributes to UN Peace Keeping Force in Cyprus: PM Narendra Modi
- After Sukma attack, a CRPF jawan says 'enough is enough...no money required, only vengeance` - Watch