The Haryana government today announced Rs 50-lakh assistance to the family of Major Satish Dahiya who died following an encounter with militants in Kupwara district in Jammu and Kashmir on February 14.
As many as 30 people were killed and property worth crores of rupees was damaged at many places in Haryana during last year's Jat stir which had turned violent.
Construction labourers in Haryana can now look forward to getting food at heavily subsidised rates of Rs 5 for breakfast and Rs 10 for full-coarse meal.
Top INLD leaders were among scores of persons arrested on Thursday on the Haryana-Punjab border at Shambhu, 10 km from Ambala in Haryana, as they drove to the spot as part of their declared plan to dig the SYL canal.
Activists of Haryana's Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) will on Thursday begin their march from Ambala and enter Punjab to “dig” the Sutlej-Yamuna Link Canal.
The bodies of a young man and his alleged beloved were found on a railway track near Pataudi Road railway station here, the district police said on Wednesday.
A four-month-old female foetus was found inside a dustbin of a posh residential complex in Gurgaon, police said.
The minimum temperature at most places in Punjab and Haryana dropped today.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear the Sutlej Yamuna Link(SYL) Canal issue involving the states of Punjab and Haryana.
Talks between the state government and Jat leaders hit a roadblock on Tuesday as the Haryana government made it clear that it has no jurisdiction to withdraw cases being investigated by the CBI against Jat leaders over violence during the agitation last year.
The SYL Canal was planned and major portions of it were even completed in the 1990s at a cost of over Rs 750 crore at that time.
Earlier this month, the Jat community members launched a fresh round of protests in the state in support of their demands.
The Haryana government will hold a fresh round of talks tomorrow with the leaders of protesting Jats who are demanding quota in jobs and educational institutions.
With protesting Jats observing "Balidan Divas" (day of sacrifice) today and threatening to intensify their agitation for reservation, Haryana is on high alert with maximum deployment of forces to prevent any untoward incident.
Haryana is on the edge as the ongoing Jat agitation seeking reservation in education and government jobs has once again raised the spectre of last year's violence that killed 30 people.
The Jat agitation in Haryana seeking reservation in education and government jobs among other demands entered its 20th day on Friday, even as the members of the community turned down a government plea for holding fresh parleys.
Appealing for peace and harmony in Haryana, the minister said the law to grant reservation to the Jats and other communities was passed unanimously by the assembly.
Protests by the Jat community in Haryana seeking reservation in education institutes and government jobs continued on the 18th day today.
At least 30 people were killed and properties worth crores of rupees were destroyed in Haryana during the violent quota agitation by Jats in February 2016.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar today said that the state government is considering to organise the Surajkund International Crafts Mela twice in a year.
The Jat agitation in Haryana seeking reservation in education and government jobs among other demands, entered its 17th day today.
A joint team of Kanpur and Gurugram Police on Monday arrested the remaining four accused of the day light heist at the Mannappuram gold loan branch in Gurugram here.
Talks between a section of Jat community leadership, which is spearheading Jat protests across 19 districts in Haryana, remained inconclusive on Saturday even as the agitation continued for the 14th day.
A complaint has been filed in a local court seeking action against police officials.
Cold conditions continued to prevail in Punjab and Haryana even as minimum temperatures today hovered around normal in most parts of both the states.
In one of the biggest heists in Gurugram, seven armed men allegedly looted gold and Rs 5 lakh in cash from Mannappuram gold loan branch on Thursday.
On the 12th day of the ongoing agitation by the Jat community, peace prevailed in Haryana on Thursday, a senior officer said here.
The ongoing Jat agitation in Haryana seeking reservation in education and government jobs spilt over into the national capital today.
The minimum temperature on Wednesday hovered above normal level at most places in Punjab and Haryana.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- DNA: Former CM Kalikho Pul’s suicide note casts corruption allegations on judiciary
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- With love from Pakistan: Grant Elliot's unique PSL celebration has conquered the world — WATCH
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office