The High Court has directed the CBI to complete the case at the earliest and gave two weeks time to probe panel.
Himachal Pradesh News
Two mild quakes were recorded simultaneously on Wednesday in Himachal Pradesh's Chamba region, which witnessed tremors for three consecutive days in May, an official said.
The incident took place in Kullu's Mashnu Nallah.
Rescuers on Monday resumed search operations for the second day in Himachal Pradesh's Mandi district where a massive mudslide swallowed a 150m stretch of road burying three homes, two buses and a bike and leaving 46 dead.
At least 46 people were killed in a massive mudslide that swallowed a 150 metre stretch of road, and buried homes, two buses and vehicles in Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi district on Sunday, officials said.
Seventeen bodies were recovered and five injured rescued after a day-long operation, Deputy Commissioner Sandeep Kadam told reporters at the spot.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh who visited the site, said that rescue operations are underway and relief announcement will be done by the Government soon.
A government official said the Satluj, Beas and Yamuna rivers and their tributaries have been in spate in Kinnaur, Shimla, Kullu, Mandi, Bilaspur and Sirmaur districts.
The appointment to higher posts should be through elections only and as per the constitution of the Congress.
The local MeT office has warned of heavy rains in mid and lower hills from August 7 to August 9 and predicted wet spell in the region for the next six days.
Two women pilgrims were killed and 22 others injured, seven of them seriously, in a head on collision between a truck and a mini-truck near Nangal village in Sirsa on Rupnagar-Nangal road here on Saturday, police said.
The people in Shimla, Solan and upper areas remained without newspapers, milk, vegetables and bread as the supplies did not reach.
Heavy rains are believed to be the cause of the building's collapse.
Three vehicles, including three tractors, were washed away and several roads and huts were damaged as heavy rains lashed Himachal Pradesh on Thursday, officials said.
Due to the failure of government and police in handling the Shimla case, the public has lost faith in the state machinery and is resorting to protests.
The Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test, conducted for recruitment of various categories of teachers, is organised and managed by the Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education.
Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test Examination 2017 will be held in September.
On completion of investigation., the charge sheet was filed on June 12. The court held the accused guilty on July 19
The high court had earlier rejected a plea seeking quashing of proceedings registered by the Enforcement Directorate under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday took up the sensational gang-rape and murder case of a school girl in Shimla that has led to massive protests in the hill state.
The Congress on Saturday appointed former Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde as its general secretary incharge of party affairs in Himachal Pradesh, replacing Ambika Soni.
The Himachal Pradesh government on Friday submitted its report to Governor Acharya Devvrat in connection with the Kotkhai schoolgirl rape and murder case.
The protesters also blocked the Hindustan-Tibet National Highway at Theog and some other places.
The Himachal Pradesh government transferred at least seven officers, including the special investigation team (SIT) chief, after custodial death of one of the accused in Kotkhai gang-rape and murder case on late Wednesday.
Over 28 people dead and nine others are injured after a private bus heading back from Reckong Peo (Kinnaur) to Solan rolled down into a gorge at Khanetri.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh had also written a letter to the prime minister in this regard.
In a shocking incident that took place in Shimla's Kotkhai, an angry mob set ablaze a police station on Wednesday afternoon.
One of the six people accused of the rape and murder case of Shimla minor girl was found murdered inside his cell in Shimla district's Kotkhai tehsil on Tuesday.
More than 1,000 people belonging to 25 panchayats gathered at Kotkhai, 54 km from the state capital, and staged a protest, demanding justice for the victim. Similar protests were also held in the state capital, which saw a large attendance of college students.
The baby was buried alive when a landslide destroyed a house in Chirgaon area of Rohru in Shimla district today while Kangra, Dharamshala and Palampur received heavy rainfall leading to flooding of roads and houses.
- Watch: Woman chants 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' at Srinagar's Lal Chowk
- UP Govt mulls action against Madrasas who didn't sing National Anthem on I-Day
- Watch: Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- J&K: LeT commander Ayub Lelhari gunned down in encounter in Pulwama
- Bihar floods: Chilling footage shows family of three falling to their death after road caves in
- Shocking! Manager pulls lady staff's saree in 5-star hotel; sacks her later
- Watch: Tragic images of Barcelona terror attack that killed 13 people
- This is what PM Modi said while addressing young entrepreneurs in Delhi
- Govt sends notice to 21 mobile phone makers, asks them to share security information
- Caesarean deliveries on a rise at private hospitals in India
- Watch: How floods wreak havoc in Bihar
- Vishal Sikka resigns as Infosys MD, CEO
- Delhi HC on high alert after police receives bomb threat call
- Indo-ASEAN Youth Summit: A good politician is one who makes sacrifices, says Dr Subhash Chandra
- Watch: Dr Subhash Chandra addresses Indo-ASEAN Youth Summit
- Petrol, diesel price on 17th August 2017: Check out the rates here city-wise
- Sebaonline.org – Assam HSLC Compartmental Exam Result 2017 announced
- Trinamool Congress sweeps West Bengal civic polls; BJP wins 6 wards, CPI(M), Congress fail to open account
- Shoaib Akhtar shares throwback moment with Shah Rukh Khan, calls him most humble man
- Kolkata: 23-year-old air hostess falls from third floor, dies
- Data privacy: Government sends notice to 21 mobile phone makers, asks them to share security information
- Vivegam trailer: Ajith's action packed act will leave you gasping for breath—Watch
- National Security Act to be imposed against UP Madrasas who didn't sing National Anthem on Aug 15: Govt
- Manager harasses woman staff in 5-star hotel, later terminates her- Watch CCTV footage
- Amarinder Singh announces 50,000 jobs for youths, Punjab govt to organise 'Rozgar Melas'
- Bihar floods: Family of three washed away in bridge collapse | Watch video
- South Africa batsman Hashim Amla is considering Kolpak deal: Report
- West Bengal Municipality Poll Results: As it happened
- United States designates Hizbul Mujahideen as foreign terrorist organisation
- Video of Indian, Pakistani national anthem sung together wins heart, goes viral