3 Indian origin men among 25 highest paid globally: Fortune
New York: Sanjay Jha of Motorola and Vikram
Pandit of Citigroup are among the three who have made it to
the league of top 25 highest paid men in the world.
According to the list published by Fortune and compiled
by executive compensation research firm Equilar Inc, Motorola
Co-CEO and CEO, Mobile Devices Sanjay K Jha with a total
annual compensation of USD 104.5 million for the year 2008 was
ranked second in the list.
While, Citigroup Chief Executive Officer Vikram S Pandit
with a total compensation of USD 38.2 million for 2008 was
ranked 14th and Dinesh C Paliwal, Harman International
Industries Vice-Chairman, President, and CEO with an aggregate
compensation of USD 30.4 million secured the 25th position.
The list was topped by Aubrey K McClendon Chairman and
CEO of Chesapeake Energy, whose total compensation amounted to
a whopping USD 112.5 million.
The top five highest paid men in the world include Aubrey
K McClendon of Chesapeake Energy (USD 112.5 million), Sanjay
Jha of Motorola (USD 104.5 million), Lawrence Ellison of
Oracle (USD 84.5 million), Richard Adkerson of Freeport
McMoRan Copper & Gold (USD 72.3 million) and Bob R Simpson of
XTO Energy (USD 53.5 million).
Others in the list include Robert A Iger of Walt Disney
(6th), Lloyd C Blankfein of Goldman Sachs (7th), Kenneth I
Chenault of American Express (8th), Jon Winkelried of Goldman
Sachs (9th) and Gary D Cohn of Goldman Sachs (10th).
Interestingly, there is a huge difference between the
compensation package of the highest paid men and women across
While, the highest paid man is Aubrey K McClendon with a
total compensation of USD 112.5 million for 2008, Oracle
President Safra Catz, who was the highest paid woman executive
received a pay package of just USD 42.4 million.
"Aubrey K McClendon, the highest-paid male executive, is
making more than 2-and-a-half times what Safra Catz, the
highest-paid woman, is paid," Fortune said.
The chart was prepared by looking at companies with more
than USD 1 billion in revenues.
The total compensation in this case includes annualised
base salary, discretionary and performance-based bonus
payouts, the grant-date fair value of new stock and option
awards and other compensation. Besides, other compensation
also includes severance payments.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read