Abhaya case: Plea seeks affidavit over claim on judge`s visit to FSL
Kochi: A petition was filed in the Kerala
High Court today in the Sister Abhaya murder case, seeking a
direction to a former official of Forensic Science Laboratory,
Bangalore, to file an affidavit on her claim about the visit
of Justice Cyriac Joseph of Supreme Court to FSL last year.
The petition filed by M Thomas, father of Abhaya, who
was found murdered at St Pius X Convent at Kottayam in 1992,
also sought a direction to former FSL Assistant Director Dr S
Malini to file an affidavit on whether video tapes handed over
by her to the CBI investigating officer on February 5 this
year was original and unedited.
In the petition Justice Joseph was referred to as one
who visited the FSL on May 23 and May 24 last year.
Thomas contended that the revelations made by Malini
required "strict scrutiny."
The petitioner also produced in the High Court Malini`s
statement to CBI on June 30, in which she stated that the
judge had visited FSL when he was Karnataka High Court Chief
The copy of the statement was filed in reply affidavit
in the contempt of court case filed by Thomas against CBI`s
Investigating Officer Nandakumaran Nair and Malini, on the
ground that they had not produced original CDs of narco test.
The CBI had told the court on August 10 that a former
Karnataka High Court Chief Justice and presently a Supreme
Court judge had viewed the three CDs containing the narco
tests conducted on the accused in the case.
The oral submission, without revealing the name of the
judge, was made by CBI Special Prosecutor S Sreekumar then, on
the basis of a statement made by Malini, to the agency.
Meanwhile, the three accused in the case -- Fr Thomas
Kottoor, Fr Jose Puthrikayil and Sister Sephy told the chief
judicial magistrate court here that they cannot accept the
chargesheet served on them by CBI as many documents were not
included. Copies of narco test tapes conducted on them were
not given, they said.
Chief Judicial Magistrate K A Baby then directed the
CBI to file a reply by September 14.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan