AC Milan eying Munich`s Schweinsteiger
Milan: AC Milan are looking to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger in the summer.
Il Corriere dello Sport claims Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri met with CEO Adriano Galliani and director Ariedo Braida on Monday to discuss transfers, and he specifically asked for the Germany international.
The 26-year-old is a mainstay at the Allianz Arena and has a contract that runs until 2016, but Allegri is reportedly still interested in the player nonetheless.
The Italians lost Andrea Pirlo to Juventus last month, and Allegri wants a replacement who can play as a defensive midfielder or behind the strikers.
Meanwhile, voices continue to link Santos` Ganso with a €30 million switch to San Siro. However, Milan have already used up their non-EU quota in signing Taye Taiwo from Marseille.
Serie A clubs can only sign one non-EU player per season whether it`s a loan or permanent deal. It is known as signing an `extra-communitario`, or player who is not a native from any of the countries belonging to the European Union.
Thus the rule normally applies to players from the Africa, South America, Asian, Oceania and American continents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea applies for bail, says her medical condition 'deteriorating'
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic