Agitating farmers dubbed as Naxals in UP: Rahul
Ghaziabad: "If farmers fight for their rights
in Uttar Pradesh, they are branded Naxals and showered with
bullets," Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Thursday
At an election meeting here, he said that on the other
hand builders are gifted lands worth crores of rupees at
Rahul, who had championed the cause of farmers in Bhatta
Parsaul village on Delhi outskirts, asked if it was a crime to
agitate in support of a just demand.
Bhatta Parsaul village near Greater Noida had last year
emerged as the epicentre of the agitation by farmers demanding
higher compensation for their land acquired by the Mayawati
Accusing the BSP government of ignoring the plights of
farmers, he said farmers are committing suicide, but the
government is not doing anything for them.
He said all the chief ministers of non-Congress parties
have ruined the state and looted money, but the Congress would
change the situation in UP in the next five years and would
not rest till his mission was accomplished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack