Agitating farmers dubbed as Naxals in UP: Rahul
Ghaziabad: "If farmers fight for their rights
in Uttar Pradesh, they are branded Naxals and showered with
bullets," Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Thursday
At an election meeting here, he said that on the other
hand builders are gifted lands worth crores of rupees at
Rahul, who had championed the cause of farmers in Bhatta
Parsaul village on Delhi outskirts, asked if it was a crime to
agitate in support of a just demand.
Bhatta Parsaul village near Greater Noida had last year
emerged as the epicentre of the agitation by farmers demanding
higher compensation for their land acquired by the Mayawati
Accusing the BSP government of ignoring the plights of
farmers, he said farmers are committing suicide, but the
government is not doing anything for them.
He said all the chief ministers of non-Congress parties
have ruined the state and looted money, but the Congress would
change the situation in UP in the next five years and would
not rest till his mission was accomplished.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India