Agitating farmers dubbed as Naxals in UP: Rahul
Ghaziabad: "If farmers fight for their rights
in Uttar Pradesh, they are branded Naxals and showered with
bullets," Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Thursday
At an election meeting here, he said that on the other
hand builders are gifted lands worth crores of rupees at
Rahul, who had championed the cause of farmers in Bhatta
Parsaul village on Delhi outskirts, asked if it was a crime to
agitate in support of a just demand.
Bhatta Parsaul village near Greater Noida had last year
emerged as the epicentre of the agitation by farmers demanding
higher compensation for their land acquired by the Mayawati
Accusing the BSP government of ignoring the plights of
farmers, he said farmers are committing suicide, but the
government is not doing anything for them.
He said all the chief ministers of non-Congress parties
have ruined the state and looted money, but the Congress would
change the situation in UP in the next five years and would
not rest till his mission was accomplished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot