AIADMK wants probe into `irregularities` during Cong regime
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Friday demanded an enquiry into various `scams` during the previous Congress regime, either in reportedly favouring rice mill owners to procure rice for PDS or in implementing welfare schemes.
Party`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan MLA said Chief Minister N Rangasamy himself had gone on record to state that the previous Congress regime had indulged in scandalous practices in paying additional price to mill owners for procurement and also in construction of houses for the poor.
On the recent AINRC rally to demand statehood to the union territory, he said Rangasamy would do well to seek cooperation and help of AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to persuade the Centre for grant of statehood as she had achieved success in all her moves.
Anbalagan alleged Rangasamy had not taken any steps to focus the rights of Karaikal region in the Cauvery water system and pointed out that Jayalalithaa`s sustained efforts had led to the gazette notification of the final award of the Cauvery River Water dispute Tribunal`s award.
Alleging that Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy was blocking flow of funds from the Centre to Puducherry as stated by Rangasamy himself, he said the Chief Minister was also at fault as he should have strongly criticised the Centre for its `step motherly` approach towards Non Congress ruled states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH