AIMPLB is free to appeal against Ayodhya verdict: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday said the All India
Muslim Personal Law Board had the right to approach the
Supreme Court on the Ayodhya title suit verdict but insisted
that there was growing opinion among the people that the issue
should be resolved through reconciliation and dialogue.
"Any party is free to appeal against any verdict in the
Supreme Court and this right is inherent in the constitution.
As far as I know, AIMPLB was not one of the parties fighting
the Ayodhya title suit (in Allahabad High Court) but it can
go to the apex court," BJP Chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar
Incidentally, Prasad was also the advocate for Ramlala
Virajmaan in the Ayodhya title suit.
The senior BJP leader maintained that there was an
overwhelming opinion among the people that after the High
Court verdict, the matter should be resolved out of court.
"There is a groundswell of opinion among the people
that the issue should be resolved in a spirit of
reconciliation, amity and brotherhood. Everybody, the
minority community included, should try to find an amicable
solution," he said.
The High Court had on September 30 directed
trifurcation of the 2.77 acre disputed land in Ayodhya with
two parts going to Hindus and the third to the Sunni Waqf
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins