Allahabad HC reserves judgement on criminal appeal of Pandher, Koli
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court today
reserved its judgement on the criminal appeals of Moninder
Singh Pandher and Surendra Koli challenging the death sentence
awarded to them by a lower court in the infamous Nithari case.
The judgement was reserved by a Division Bench comprising
Justice Imtiyaz Murtaza and Justice Kashi Nath Pandey.
Pandher, a resident of Noida, and his domestic help Koli
were awarded capital punishment by a Special CBI court in
Ghaziabad on February 13 this year for having raped and
murdered a 14-year-girl at their house.
Several other girls, who went missing from the nearby
Nithari village, were believed to have been raped and murdered
at Pandher`s house where recovery of a large number of human
skeletons in December, 2006, had evoked a huge public outcry
following which CBI took up the inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!