Amarinder accepts defeat, says time to introspect
Chandigarh: The Congress on Tuesday conceded defeat in the Punjab Assembly elections, with Captain Amarinder Singh saying the party needed to introspect.
Speaking to media, Singh said they will have to go into the nitty-gritty of the defeat.
“We wish the government well and hope they will perform for Punjab... Punjab needs good governance,” Singh said.
He accepted that the rebels could be responsible for the defeat, but added the SAD-BJP combine too had rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional