Amazon releases Kindle Touch 3G in 175 countries
Seattle: Amazon.com Inc. said Wednesday that it is releasing its Kindle Touch 3G e-reader in more countries and more languages worldwide. The touch-screen e-reader has been available in the US since last fall.
The gadget is available for pre-orders and will be shipped to customers starting on April 27. In addition to English, the device will be available in German, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese, the company said.
The Touch holds up to 3,000 books and offers 3G wireless service at no extra charge. It costs $149 in the US; international prices are similar. In all, Amazon said the device is now being sold in 175 countries.
Shares of Seattle-based Amazon slid $4.52, or 2.2 percent, to $200.92 in early afternoon trading.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata