Amazon releases Kindle Touch 3G in 175 countries
Seattle: Amazon.com Inc. said Wednesday that it is releasing its Kindle Touch 3G e-reader in more countries and more languages worldwide. The touch-screen e-reader has been available in the US since last fall.
The gadget is available for pre-orders and will be shipped to customers starting on April 27. In addition to English, the device will be available in German, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese, the company said.
The Touch holds up to 3,000 books and offers 3G wireless service at no extra charge. It costs $149 in the US; international prices are similar. In all, Amazon said the device is now being sold in 175 countries.
Shares of Seattle-based Amazon slid $4.52, or 2.2 percent, to $200.92 in early afternoon trading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video