Amitabh Bachchan back to host KBC-4: Report
Mumbai: Closing all the speculations as to who will host the forthcoming season of India’s most popular game show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’, latest reports say that Bollywood megastar, Amitabh Bachchan has been finalised to host the fourth season of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati,’ a reality game show closely based on UK’s ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?’
Buzz has it that the fourth season of the game show will commence by the end of 2010 on a new entertainment channel as a source from the TV industry said, “The show will now be aired on a different channel.”
By the way, ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ marked Big B’s first appearance on Indian TV in year 2001. In 2005, the second season of ‘KBC’ was called ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati Dwitiya’, which carried almost double prize money - Rs 2 crore. However, with Big B falling ill, the second season came to an abrupt end in 2006. Although Big B announced that he would soon return to the show, it was Shah Rukh Khan who hosted it in 2007.
Talking to a news daily on why Big B is indispensable to ‘KBC’, a source said, “Both, Bachchan and Shah Rukh, respectively brought their distinct individuality on the table, but frankly speaking, Shah Rukh’s histrionics did not do go down well with the audience. There was a vast difference in the TRPs between the two seasons hosted by Bachchan and the third season hosted by Shah Rukh.”
“An official announcement will be made very soon,” the source added.
With Bollywood’s living legend Amitabh Bachchan as its host, ‘KBC’ saw unparallel success. Even cinema halls faced the burnt of ‘KBC’, as they reported a slump in the sale of tickets during night shows.
When contacted, Amitabh Bachchan was unavailable for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth