Amitabh Bachchan back to host KBC-4: Report
Mumbai: Closing all the speculations as to who will host the forthcoming season of India’s most popular game show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’, latest reports say that Bollywood megastar, Amitabh Bachchan has been finalised to host the fourth season of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati,’ a reality game show closely based on UK’s ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?’
Buzz has it that the fourth season of the game show will commence by the end of 2010 on a new entertainment channel as a source from the TV industry said, “The show will now be aired on a different channel.”
By the way, ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ marked Big B’s first appearance on Indian TV in year 2001. In 2005, the second season of ‘KBC’ was called ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati Dwitiya’, which carried almost double prize money - Rs 2 crore. However, with Big B falling ill, the second season came to an abrupt end in 2006. Although Big B announced that he would soon return to the show, it was Shah Rukh Khan who hosted it in 2007.
Talking to a news daily on why Big B is indispensable to ‘KBC’, a source said, “Both, Bachchan and Shah Rukh, respectively brought their distinct individuality on the table, but frankly speaking, Shah Rukh’s histrionics did not do go down well with the audience. There was a vast difference in the TRPs between the two seasons hosted by Bachchan and the third season hosted by Shah Rukh.”
“An official announcement will be made very soon,” the source added.
With Bollywood’s living legend Amitabh Bachchan as its host, ‘KBC’ saw unparallel success. Even cinema halls faced the burnt of ‘KBC’, as they reported a slump in the sale of tickets during night shows.
When contacted, Amitabh Bachchan was unavailable for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now