Anil Ambani`s VC firm aims to seal 3-6 deals in six months.
Mumbai: Anil Ambani Group`s venture capital arm Reliance Technology Ventures aims to seal 3-6 deals by June, a top company official said.
"On an average, we have invested in around 3-4 companies every year in the past three years. This year we scent an immense potential and are hopeful of sealing 3-6 deals in the next six months," RTVL CEO Harshal J Shah told here.
Besides the traditional technology and tech-enabled companies, Reliance Technology Ventures (RTVL) would focus on clean tech and energy, defence and aerospace, financial services and media-related companies. Since its inception in 2006 the company invested mainly in technology and tech-enabled companies.
"While 2009 was a rough year for entrepreneurs, 2010 should be a good one. Both investors and entrepreneurs are more realistic now and we should be able to get fair valuations," Shah said.
"Fortunately for us, our portfolio companies` valuations not only went up but we also took a significant market share away from competitors and as a result the economic downturn has been a boon for us," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam