Anil Ambani`s VC firm aims to seal 3-6 deals in six months.
Mumbai: Anil Ambani Group`s venture capital arm Reliance Technology Ventures aims to seal 3-6 deals by June, a top company official said.
"On an average, we have invested in around 3-4 companies every year in the past three years. This year we scent an immense potential and are hopeful of sealing 3-6 deals in the next six months," RTVL CEO Harshal J Shah told here.
Besides the traditional technology and tech-enabled companies, Reliance Technology Ventures (RTVL) would focus on clean tech and energy, defence and aerospace, financial services and media-related companies. Since its inception in 2006 the company invested mainly in technology and tech-enabled companies.
"While 2009 was a rough year for entrepreneurs, 2010 should be a good one. Both investors and entrepreneurs are more realistic now and we should be able to get fair valuations," Shah said.
"Fortunately for us, our portfolio companies` valuations not only went up but we also took a significant market share away from competitors and as a result the economic downturn has been a boon for us," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US