Anil Ambani`s VC firm aims to seal 3-6 deals in six months.
Mumbai: Anil Ambani Group`s venture capital arm Reliance Technology Ventures aims to seal 3-6 deals by June, a top company official said.
"On an average, we have invested in around 3-4 companies every year in the past three years. This year we scent an immense potential and are hopeful of sealing 3-6 deals in the next six months," RTVL CEO Harshal J Shah told here.
Besides the traditional technology and tech-enabled companies, Reliance Technology Ventures (RTVL) would focus on clean tech and energy, defence and aerospace, financial services and media-related companies. Since its inception in 2006 the company invested mainly in technology and tech-enabled companies.
"While 2009 was a rough year for entrepreneurs, 2010 should be a good one. Both investors and entrepreneurs are more realistic now and we should be able to get fair valuations," Shah said.
"Fortunately for us, our portfolio companies` valuations not only went up but we also took a significant market share away from competitors and as a result the economic downturn has been a boon for us," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why