Argentina add seven home-based players to squad
Buenos Aires: Argentina added seven home-based players to their squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Brazil at home next Saturday and Paraguay away four days later, the Argentine Football Association said.
Newcastle United midfielder Jonas Gutierrez pulled out in midweek through injury, it said on its website.
Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar), Juan Pablo Carrizo (Real Zaragoza), Mariano Andujar (Catania)
Defenders: Nicolas Burdisso, Javier Zanetti (both Inter Milan), Gabriel Heinze (Olympique Marseille), Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United), Nicolas Pareja (Espanyol), Nicolas Otamendi, Sebastian Dominguez, Emiliano Papa (all Velez Sarsfield)
Midfielders: Javier Mascherano (Liverpool), Fernando Gago (Real Madrid), Maximiliano Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid), Jesus Datolo (Napoli), Mario Bolatti (Huracan), Juan Sebastian Veron (Estudiantes), Sebastian Bataglia (Boca Juniors)
Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Carlos Tevez (Manchester City), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli), Diego Milito (Inter Milan), Lisandro Lopez (Olympique Lyon), Eduardo Salvio (Lanus)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued