Armando selects a squad of 30 for friendlies
New Delhi: A 30-member Indian squad has been selected for the twin international friendlies against Maldives and Qatar on Julu 10 and 17 respectively ahead of their World Cup qualifier against United Arab Emirates scheduled on July 23.
Although there were a few injury scares, senior players Sunil Chhetri, Steven Dias have all made the cut and the two matches will give the newly appointed national coach Armando Colaco a chance to check out on the form of the star duo.
The Indian team will proceed from Doha to Abu Dhabi for their World Cup qualifier. The return leg will be held in New Delhi on July 28.
Squad: Goalkeepers: Subrata Pal, Sandip Nandy, Karanjit Singh, Laxmikant Kattimani; Defenders: Gourmangi Singh, Denzel Franco, Rowilson Rodrigues, Raju Eknath Gaikwad, Valleriano Rebello, Debabrata Roy, Sameer Naik, Mahesh Gawli, Robert Lalthlamuana; Midfielders: Mehtab Hossain, Syed Rahim Nabi, Harmanjot Khabra, Steven Dias, Jewel Raja Sheikh, Shilton D’Silva, Lalrindika Ralte, Peter Carvalho, Climax Lawrence, Clifford Miranda, Rakesh Masih, Lalkamal Bhowmick; Forwards: Sunil Chhetri, Jeje Lalpekhlua, CS Sabeeth, Sushil Kumar Singh, Baljit Sahni.
Standbys: Khanjom Jibon Singh, Anthony Barbosa, Thokchom Naoba Singh, Anil Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey