Ashok Kumar wins PGTI Tour Championship 2009
Manesar: Ashok Kumar fired a bogey-free 69 in the final round to win his seventh PGTI Tour Championship and second title of the season at the Classic Golf Resort here on Saturday.
Ashok’s tournament total of 15 under 273 was enough to take home the winner’s cheque of Rs. 12,68,000.
Shamim Khan fired 73 in the final round to finish second, one stroke behind Ashok Kumar. Chiragh Kumar and SSP Chowrasia finished in tied third at 10 under 278 while Rahil Gangjee and Raju Ali Mollah shared fifth place at nine under 279.
Anirban Lahiri’s tied eighth finish helped him win the PGTI Order of Merit title for 2009 with the 22-year-old Bangalore-based pro having a total earnings of Rs. 36,57,853 at the end of the season.
Mukesh Kumar, who finished tied 12th at four under 284, was placed second on the Order of Merit as he had total earnings of Rs. 33,35,100 for the 2009 season.
Ashok Kumar’s win helped him climb from fifth to third place on the Order of Merit.
“It feels amazing to win after eight months. The victory is even more special because I’ve been away from competitive golf for the last one month since my mother has been unwell,” Ashok, the 2006-07 PGTI Order of Merit winner, said.
“I think I played a very steady round today and hit the ball well even though my putting was not that great. I’m now high on confidence as I head to the Asian Tour Qualifying School in January next year,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends