Ashok Kumar wins PGTI Tour Championship 2009
Manesar: Ashok Kumar fired a bogey-free 69 in the final round to win his seventh PGTI Tour Championship and second title of the season at the Classic Golf Resort here on Saturday.
Ashok’s tournament total of 15 under 273 was enough to take home the winner’s cheque of Rs. 12,68,000.
Shamim Khan fired 73 in the final round to finish second, one stroke behind Ashok Kumar. Chiragh Kumar and SSP Chowrasia finished in tied third at 10 under 278 while Rahil Gangjee and Raju Ali Mollah shared fifth place at nine under 279.
Anirban Lahiri’s tied eighth finish helped him win the PGTI Order of Merit title for 2009 with the 22-year-old Bangalore-based pro having a total earnings of Rs. 36,57,853 at the end of the season.
Mukesh Kumar, who finished tied 12th at four under 284, was placed second on the Order of Merit as he had total earnings of Rs. 33,35,100 for the 2009 season.
Ashok Kumar’s win helped him climb from fifth to third place on the Order of Merit.
“It feels amazing to win after eight months. The victory is even more special because I’ve been away from competitive golf for the last one month since my mother has been unwell,” Ashok, the 2006-07 PGTI Order of Merit winner, said.
“I think I played a very steady round today and hit the ball well even though my putting was not that great. I’m now high on confidence as I head to the Asian Tour Qualifying School in January next year,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid