Ashok Nath all charged up for Boston Marathon
New Delhi: Veteran athlete Ashok Nath has confirmed his participation in the upcoming Boston Marathan next month. Despite being an ‘amateur’ runner, he hopes to bring some name for his country.
Being a COO, balancing his hectic schedule with his passion for distance running is an arduous but satisfying job. He is the best distance runner in the veteran class in India, and according to him “the best is yet to come”. Recently he won his category at the StanChart Mumbai Marathon and his friends in his running club RunnersForLife don’t call him “God of Running” for nothing. Across the past 2 years, he has won nearly every distance race in his class and has his eyes set on higher things.
Next challenge is the world’s top distance running event, the Boston Marathon. To quote Ashok, “I hope to break 3 hours in my initial attempt at Boston, and use this attempt to understand the conditions. In three years– if injury doesn’t stop my running career – I see myself on the dias, for India”.
For this Ashok is grateful to his sponsor STEP Consulting Pvt Ltd, a leading Behavioral Training organization based in New Delhi.
Boston Marathon has a history stretching more then 100 years. The best runners compete here, with a desire to win burning inside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj