Baby chimpanzees smile more, behave better than human kids
London: Baby chimps are better behaved than
their human counterparts, they are quickly calmed by a cuddle
and smile much more, a new research shows.
"If you pick up a baby chimp when it is fussing (crying),
it calms down and stays calm. Anybody who has had a fussing
child knows it is well within the range of the human norm that
you pick them up and they are still fussing," Researcher
Professor Kim Bard told the British Science Festival.
"Chimps don`t get colic, they don`t have inconsolable
crying for no reason. You usually pick them up and give them a cuddle and they don`t make a fuss and don`t cry any more.
They seem to have better control of their behavioural traits
when they`re young," the Daily Mail reported.
In contrast, human babies once they start crying it is
very difficult to calm them.
It is probably the chimp`s more primitive brain which
matures more quickly, making them better-behaved `children`.
Bard has already shown chimpanzee babies have 16
different smiles - in contrast to human babies who can only
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!