Baby chimpanzees smile more, behave better than human kids
London: Baby chimps are better behaved than
their human counterparts, they are quickly calmed by a cuddle
and smile much more, a new research shows.
"If you pick up a baby chimp when it is fussing (crying),
it calms down and stays calm. Anybody who has had a fussing
child knows it is well within the range of the human norm that
you pick them up and they are still fussing," Researcher
Professor Kim Bard told the British Science Festival.
"Chimps don`t get colic, they don`t have inconsolable
crying for no reason. You usually pick them up and give them a cuddle and they don`t make a fuss and don`t cry any more.
They seem to have better control of their behavioural traits
when they`re young," the Daily Mail reported.
In contrast, human babies once they start crying it is
very difficult to calm them.
It is probably the chimp`s more primitive brain which
matures more quickly, making them better-behaved `children`.
Bard has already shown chimpanzee babies have 16
different smiles - in contrast to human babies who can only
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez