Bopanna concedes quarterfinal vs Bryan brothers
Montreal: Indian challenge ended at the ATP Rogers Cup as Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi conceded their doubles quarter-final match to top seeds Mike and Bob Bryan due to an injury to the Indian Davis Cupper.
The fifth seed Indo-Pak pair was locked 3-3 in the opening set with the formidable Americans but opted out of the contest when Bopanna developed some problem in his left ankle.
Third seeds Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi had earlier lost their second round clash 1-6, 6-7 (9) to Czech Tomas Berdych and Germany`s Florian Mayer.
No Indian featured in the singles main draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police