Brit cook-mum gets White House invite by Michelle
London: A British mother and author of a healthy cookbook has received an invitation from the White House by her suggested new fan, US First Lady Michelle Obama.
The US First Lady allegedly admired Sally Bee, who penned `The Secret Ingredient` with healthy versions of traditional meals that helped her battle a life-threatening heart condition.
Sally was informed about nearing death in 2004, after she suffered three heart attacks in a week due to a rare condition that left her with a damaged main artery.
The mum-of-three, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, managed to survive and stay fit with her healthy recipes.
The 41-year-old said that she had been invited to cook at the White House with the US First Family in March next year.
"I spoke to Michelle Obama`s office and they invited me to come and see her vegetable garden and for us to cook together,” the Telegraph quoted Bee as telling a news daily.
"I am absolutely thrilled. To think that my book has been picked up by someone so powerful is just fantastic. It makes it all so worthwhile," she added.
Bee also said, "It`s so exciting. I think we both have a very similar philosophy on food. We are both very keen on promoting healthy eating that is affordable."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack