Brit cook-mum gets White House invite by Michelle
London: A British mother and author of a healthy cookbook has received an invitation from the White House by her suggested new fan, US First Lady Michelle Obama.
The US First Lady allegedly admired Sally Bee, who penned `The Secret Ingredient` with healthy versions of traditional meals that helped her battle a life-threatening heart condition.
Sally was informed about nearing death in 2004, after she suffered three heart attacks in a week due to a rare condition that left her with a damaged main artery.
The mum-of-three, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, managed to survive and stay fit with her healthy recipes.
The 41-year-old said that she had been invited to cook at the White House with the US First Family in March next year.
"I spoke to Michelle Obama`s office and they invited me to come and see her vegetable garden and for us to cook together,” the Telegraph quoted Bee as telling a news daily.
"I am absolutely thrilled. To think that my book has been picked up by someone so powerful is just fantastic. It makes it all so worthwhile," she added.
Bee also said, "It`s so exciting. I think we both have a very similar philosophy on food. We are both very keen on promoting healthy eating that is affordable."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'