Brit cook-mum gets White House invite by Michelle
London: A British mother and author of a healthy cookbook has received an invitation from the White House by her suggested new fan, US First Lady Michelle Obama.
The US First Lady allegedly admired Sally Bee, who penned `The Secret Ingredient` with healthy versions of traditional meals that helped her battle a life-threatening heart condition.
Sally was informed about nearing death in 2004, after she suffered three heart attacks in a week due to a rare condition that left her with a damaged main artery.
The mum-of-three, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, managed to survive and stay fit with her healthy recipes.
The 41-year-old said that she had been invited to cook at the White House with the US First Family in March next year.
"I spoke to Michelle Obama`s office and they invited me to come and see her vegetable garden and for us to cook together,” the Telegraph quoted Bee as telling a news daily.
"I am absolutely thrilled. To think that my book has been picked up by someone so powerful is just fantastic. It makes it all so worthwhile," she added.
Bee also said, "It`s so exciting. I think we both have a very similar philosophy on food. We are both very keen on promoting healthy eating that is affordable."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace
- Rs 5 lakh compensation to family of woman devoured by dogs in Kerala
- At least 3 killed in suicide attack in Afghanistan's Balkh province