Campus placements at IIM-A to begin from second week of Feb
Ahmedabad: Campus placements at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A), are likely to begin from second week of February, a member of the placement committee said here on Tuesday.
"A batch of 300-plus candidates shall be appearing for the campus placements beginning from second week of February," Vivek Jain said.
IIM-A has introduced a new `Cohort-based` system for the forthcoming campus placements that essentially aims at a better match-making process between the students and recruiting firms.
"The placement process shall be conducted over continuous weekends called `Cohorts` and each cohort would host firms offering similar roles and opportunities to the students," Jain said.
The sequence in which the cohorts would be invited to the campus would be as per the batch preference, he added.
Different clusters of cohorts shall come to the campus for two days, and there shall be rest period of at least five days between each visit of `Cohorts` so that candidates can prepare themselves.
In the new arrangement, placement process will now be at least one to two months affair instead of the usual six to seven days session, when slot zero concept was prevalent, IIM-A official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation