Campus placements at IIM-A to begin from second week of Feb
Ahmedabad: Campus placements at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A), are likely to begin from second week of February, a member of the placement committee said here on Tuesday.
"A batch of 300-plus candidates shall be appearing for the campus placements beginning from second week of February," Vivek Jain said.
IIM-A has introduced a new `Cohort-based` system for the forthcoming campus placements that essentially aims at a better match-making process between the students and recruiting firms.
"The placement process shall be conducted over continuous weekends called `Cohorts` and each cohort would host firms offering similar roles and opportunities to the students," Jain said.
The sequence in which the cohorts would be invited to the campus would be as per the batch preference, he added.
Different clusters of cohorts shall come to the campus for two days, and there shall be rest period of at least five days between each visit of `Cohorts` so that candidates can prepare themselves.
In the new arrangement, placement process will now be at least one to two months affair instead of the usual six to seven days session, when slot zero concept was prevalent, IIM-A official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail