Capello angry over Walcott’s book disclosure
London: England football coach Fabio Capello has expressed anger and dismay over Arsenal star Theo Walcott’s revelations about him in a book titled Growing Up Fast, which is to be serialised in a leading daily this week.
Walcott has revealed how Capello screamed he would ``kill him`` after he cut inside in pre-World Cup training.
Walcott, 22, was subsequently dropped from the squad for South Africa and he said: "I never quite knew what was required of me. I was confused. I had been injured so much that season my confidence was fragile, but no one ever helped me.”
"If you are the boss surely you want everyone playing well and you want to encourage everyone. It killed me and I felt it wasn`t fair," he added.
Capello is said to be ``very unhappy`` with what Walcott has done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch