Capello angry over Walcott’s book disclosure
London: England football coach Fabio Capello has expressed anger and dismay over Arsenal star Theo Walcott’s revelations about him in a book titled Growing Up Fast, which is to be serialised in a leading daily this week.
Walcott has revealed how Capello screamed he would ``kill him`` after he cut inside in pre-World Cup training.
Walcott, 22, was subsequently dropped from the squad for South Africa and he said: "I never quite knew what was required of me. I was confused. I had been injured so much that season my confidence was fragile, but no one ever helped me.”
"If you are the boss surely you want everyone playing well and you want to encourage everyone. It killed me and I felt it wasn`t fair," he added.
Capello is said to be ``very unhappy`` with what Walcott has done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...