Chaotic scenes in Puducherry Assembly
Puducherry: Chaotic scenes were witnessed in during zero hour in the Puducherry assembly following charges and counter charges between opposition Congress legislator P N R Tirumurugan and Agriculture Minister M Chandhirakasu on an issue concerning Karaikal region.
As soon as question time was over, the Speaker took up for discussion issues the opposition had given notice of.
After zero hour Chandirakasu rose to give certain clarifications on criticisms Tirumurugan had made yesterday against him on the issue.Both have been elected from Karaikal.
The Speaker asked Chandhirakasu to resume his seat as what he had said yesterday and subsequent developments were expunged that day and not to revive it again, but in vain.
Heated exchanges erupted between Chandirakasu and the Congress member resulting in noisy scenes for 20 minutes.
Ruling AINRC legislators protested Tirumurugan`s remarks and demanded action against him.
At one stage ruling party members P M L Kalyanasundaram, P R Siva and a few other legislators from the treasury benches rushed towards the podium and aired their objection against Tirurmurugan`s remarks against the Minister.
The Speaker adjourned the house and said it would resume 10 minutes later. He also asked all the legislators to his chamber for a discussion, which lasted for about 20 minutes.
The House reassembled with all members including Chandirakasu and Tirumurugan returning after the meeting.
The Speaker said all remarks made by members earlier had been expunged, following which proceedings resumed and the remaining part of the scheduled subjects were handled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi