Chaotic scenes in Puducherry Assembly
Puducherry: Chaotic scenes were witnessed in during zero hour in the Puducherry assembly following charges and counter charges between opposition Congress legislator P N R Tirumurugan and Agriculture Minister M Chandhirakasu on an issue concerning Karaikal region.
As soon as question time was over, the Speaker took up for discussion issues the opposition had given notice of.
After zero hour Chandirakasu rose to give certain clarifications on criticisms Tirumurugan had made yesterday against him on the issue.Both have been elected from Karaikal.
The Speaker asked Chandhirakasu to resume his seat as what he had said yesterday and subsequent developments were expunged that day and not to revive it again, but in vain.
Heated exchanges erupted between Chandirakasu and the Congress member resulting in noisy scenes for 20 minutes.
Ruling AINRC legislators protested Tirumurugan`s remarks and demanded action against him.
At one stage ruling party members P M L Kalyanasundaram, P R Siva and a few other legislators from the treasury benches rushed towards the podium and aired their objection against Tirurmurugan`s remarks against the Minister.
The Speaker adjourned the house and said it would resume 10 minutes later. He also asked all the legislators to his chamber for a discussion, which lasted for about 20 minutes.
The House reassembled with all members including Chandirakasu and Tirumurugan returning after the meeting.
The Speaker said all remarks made by members earlier had been expunged, following which proceedings resumed and the remaining part of the scheduled subjects were handled.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam transferred to France
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand as SC stays floor test in state Assembly
- Fire breaks out in Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's chamber
- Kabir Khan's message to the media after being 'heckled in Pakistan' is epic!
- Subrata Roy's health deteriorating in jail, can't survive another summer: Sahara tells SC