Clijsters beats Wozniacki to win WTA Championships
Doha: Belgian Kim Clijsters captured the season-ending WTA Championships with a 6-3 5-7 6-3 victory over world number one Caroline Wozniacki on Sunday.
Clijsters, who won the tournament for a third time after her victories in 2002 and 2003, was playing in her first event since winning the U.S. Open in September following an operation to remove a mole from her right foot.
She pocketed almost $1.5 million in prize-money for winning the title in the Qatari capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL