Clijsters beats Wozniacki to win WTA Championships
Doha: Belgian Kim Clijsters captured the season-ending WTA Championships with a 6-3 5-7 6-3 victory over world number one Caroline Wozniacki on Sunday.
Clijsters, who won the tournament for a third time after her victories in 2002 and 2003, was playing in her first event since winning the U.S. Open in September following an operation to remove a mole from her right foot.
She pocketed almost $1.5 million in prize-money for winning the title in the Qatari capital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split