Clijsters beats Wozniacki to win WTA Championships
Doha: Belgian Kim Clijsters captured the season-ending WTA Championships with a 6-3 5-7 6-3 victory over world number one Caroline Wozniacki on Sunday.
Clijsters, who won the tournament for a third time after her victories in 2002 and 2003, was playing in her first event since winning the U.S. Open in September following an operation to remove a mole from her right foot.
She pocketed almost $1.5 million in prize-money for winning the title in the Qatari capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security