Clijsters beats Wozniacki to win WTA Championships
Doha: Belgian Kim Clijsters captured the season-ending WTA Championships with a 6-3 5-7 6-3 victory over world number one Caroline Wozniacki on Sunday.
Clijsters, who won the tournament for a third time after her victories in 2002 and 2003, was playing in her first event since winning the U.S. Open in September following an operation to remove a mole from her right foot.
She pocketed almost $1.5 million in prize-money for winning the title in the Qatari capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj