Clijsters beats Wozniacki to win WTA Championships
Doha: Belgian Kim Clijsters captured the season-ending WTA Championships with a 6-3 5-7 6-3 victory over world number one Caroline Wozniacki on Sunday.
Clijsters, who won the tournament for a third time after her victories in 2002 and 2003, was playing in her first event since winning the U.S. Open in September following an operation to remove a mole from her right foot.
She pocketed almost $1.5 million in prize-money for winning the title in the Qatari capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal