Close shave for 141 passengers of Air India flight
Chennai: It was a close shave for 141 passengers and crew of a Chennai-bound Air India flight as the pilot managed to safely land the aircraft here Saturday despite a tyre burst while taking off from Singapore.
"The officials of Singapore airport suspected a tyre burst in the Chennai-bound Air India flight when they found pieces of rubber on their runway and warned us, as well as the pilot," an official of the Chennai airport said.
He said the Singapore officials found the tyre pieces immediately after the plane took off. The official said that of the four underbelly tyres, one had burst.
The authorities at the Chennai airport took the necessary precautions like spreading foam on the runway and placing engineering support like step ladders and vehicles to transport the passengers and crew of the aircraft to safety.
The aircraft landed safely at 11.15 a.m. "It was towed to a remote parking area and passengers got down from the aircraft," the official said.
While nearing the Chennai airport, the pilot had warned the passengers about the tyre burst which had created anxiety and fear among some of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city