Cong candidate issued notice for getting clicked
Kanpur: The Congress candidate from the
Kidwainagar Assembly constituency here was issued a show cause
notice by the district administration for getting himself
photographed while voting on Thursday.
The election official at the polling booth was also
issued a notice in this regard.
During the polling for the fifth phase of Uttar Pradesh
elections on February 23, Congress candidate Ajay Kapoor cast
his ballot at Booth 18 of Gandhi Smarak Inter college,
Next day his photo appeared in various newspapers showing
him casting his vote which was violation of ballot secrecy,
district administration said today.
Kapoor and the booth presiding officer P Gopicharan have
been booked for violation of Section 128, 131 of
Representation of People Act, 1951, which is a cognisable
Both have been asked to file their reply to the showcause
notice within three days, officials said.
Kapoor was not available for his comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video