Cong candidate issued notice for getting clicked
Kanpur: The Congress candidate from the
Kidwainagar Assembly constituency here was issued a show cause
notice by the district administration for getting himself
photographed while voting on Thursday.
The election official at the polling booth was also
issued a notice in this regard.
During the polling for the fifth phase of Uttar Pradesh
elections on February 23, Congress candidate Ajay Kapoor cast
his ballot at Booth 18 of Gandhi Smarak Inter college,
Next day his photo appeared in various newspapers showing
him casting his vote which was violation of ballot secrecy,
district administration said today.
Kapoor and the booth presiding officer P Gopicharan have
been booked for violation of Section 128, 131 of
Representation of People Act, 1951, which is a cognisable
Both have been asked to file their reply to the showcause
notice within three days, officials said.
Kapoor was not available for his comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet