Cong manifesto a bundle of hollow promises: Maya
Lucknow: Slamming the Congress manifesto as a
"bundle of hollow promises", BSP chief Mayawati today accused
the party of using the dalits as a votebank and trying to
divide the community under a "planned conspiracy" by promising
"The Congress manifesto is nothing but a bundle of
hollow promises which cannot be fulfilled ... Congress has
been making such promises since the past 60 years and this has
led to the bad state of affairs of the state and country," the
UP chief minister said in a statement.
She said had the UPA government given permission to the
schemes of her government, it would have given employment to
more than one crore people.
"The manifesto is an attempt to mislead the people by
making tall promises," she said adding that Congress has only
played with the sentiments of the people by following
"appeasement policy...Congress has never been a well wisher of
dalits and have always used them as vote bank".
The Congress manifesto, she said, has no new promise or
scheme on which the people of the state should believe besides
the schemes announced were already brought into effect by her.
Taking a dig at the promise of pursuing an equitable
solution of the Babri Mosque dispute, she said that "first
Congress conspired to pull down the mosque and now it was
trying to please Muslims".
On the promise of sub-quota to `ati-dalits`, she said
that it is a planned conspiracy to divide dalit votes.
Congress had yesterday promised reservation for socially
and economically backward minorities and very backward dalits
in proportion to their population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister