‘Cong responsible for backwardness of Muslims’
Etah: Targeting the Congress, senior BJP
leader Rajnath Singh today alleged it was responsible for
backwardness of Muslims in the country.
"After independence, the Congress and its policies are
responsible for backwardness of Muslims in the country," he
told an election rally here.
The former BJP chief also lashed out at the Congress on
the issue of corruption.
"This is the first time in the history of independent
India when so many ministers are in jail on charges of graft,"
On reservation for Muslims, Singh said the BJP did not
indulge in politics of caste and religion.
Turning to the ruling BSP, he said Chief Minister and
party supremo Mayawati tried to clean her image by sacking
However, "she fully knows that a Minister cannot do a
scam without CM`s knowledge", the former BJP chief said.
The BJP, if voted to power, would set up a Commission to
probe alleged irregularities during SP and BSP regimes, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video