Congress promising moon to voters in Himachal: Nadda
Shimla: Accusing the Congress of making "false" promises in its election manifesto for Himachal assembly polls on November 4, the BJP on Saturday said the voters would not be befooled by such gimmicks.
Reacting to the Congress party`s manifesto, BJP General Secretary J P Nadda said "Congress party is in the habit of making tall and false promises as there is no sanctity of polls manifesto in its eyes".
Nadda said the Congress had promised government jobs in its manifesto in 2003 as well but backed out after coming to power.
"Instead they went on to sign a memorandum with the Union government, giving an undertaking that no new jobs would be created and the posts lying vacant for three years would be abolished," he alleged.
He said even in 2009 Lok Sabha elections, the Congress promised to provide over one crore jobs in the country.
"The fact is that in the past three and a half years more than one crore people have lost their jobs due to poor economy, industrial recession and scams in the core sectors especially telecom and coal".
"I am awakening the youth not to be misled by its promises this time too," Nadda added.
Commenting on promises made by Congress about social and agriculture sectors, he said "it is just an endorsement to the schemes and projects initiated by Dhumal government and in sum total "adoption and adaption" of BJP policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video