Congress to hold protests in UP on Aug 22
Lucknow: Congress party on Sunday said it will hold statewide demonstrations in Uttar Pradesh on August 22 in protest against government`s "apathy" towards dealing with draught situation in the state and to demand CBI inquiry into the ransacking of party chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s residence last month.
In a bid to highlight state government`s insensitive approach towards drought situation in the state, UP Congress Committee will organise demonstration and dharna in all the district headquarters on August 22, party leaders said here.
"The agitation will highlight the government`s apathy towards farmers reeling under acute drought and we will demand a CBI inquiry into the ransacking of UPCC president`s house, party spokesman Subodh Srivastava said.
"The party has also decided to observe former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi`s birth anniversary on August 20 as Sankalp Diwas," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday