Couldn’t sleep all night, says a worried Sania
New Delhi: The ongoing controversy surrounding Shoaib Malik and his supposed ‘first wife’ Ayesha Siddiqui is giving the bride-to-be Sania Mirza sleepless nights.
According to her latest feed in the social networking site Twitter, the Indian tennis player said that though she knows what the truth is, the entire incident is actually bothering her.
“Haven’t slept all night, (I am) going to try and sleep for a couple of hours now… Again lots to do and face tomorrow,” post Sania.
The 23-year-old also said that all the allegations levied by Ayesha Siddiqui and her family do not matter to her as she already knows the truth. Although she did not mention Shoaib directly, her Twitter feed clearly supported her husband-to-be. “Me and my family know what the truth is, we’ve known it all along and we have confidence in god’s justice,” Sania said.
Sania further added that she never thought she would have to deal with so many things apart from the regular pre-wedding jitters. “Too much going on, never in my life thought that I’d had to worry bout anything Of this sort, rather than my mehendi!” she said.
“Leaves me with no choice but to laugh. I am pretty sure these are not the pre-wedding jitters or butterflies in the stomach my married cousins were talking about!” she quipped.
Meanwhile, the Malik-Siddiqui tussle reached the court on Saturday as the latter’s family sent a legal notice to Shoaib, asking him to give a public divorce to their daughter before getting married to Sania Mirza.
The Malik family, on the other hand, got in touch with their Delhi-based criminal lawyer Ramesh Gupta, who has been representing them in the battle with the Siddiquis for the past two years. The Maliks will file a case of defamation against the Siddiquis.
Gupta confirmed that Shoaib Malik’s kin, Imran Zafar contacted him on Saturday to solicit advice regarding the ongoing feud with Siddiquis. He, however, added that he has not been asked to start any legal proceedings as of now. Zafar is expected to arrive here next week.
Malik’s aspirations for matrimonial alliance with tennis sensation Sania Mirza seem to have hit troubled waters when Ayesha Siddiqui claimed in a telephonic chat that she has a Nikahnama (wedding certificate) in her possession and then sent the same through an e-mail to a Pakistani news channel.
The e-mail also purportedly claimed that she was married to Shoaib Malik for a Meher of Rs 500.
Ayesha’s family alleges that Shoaib married her over phone but dumped her later due to her weight problems. Shoaib, however, insists that it was the Siddiquis who cheated him.
The 28-year-old has said he was sent photographs of a girl who is not Ayesha and that he was only engaged to that girl but backed out after finding out that he had been duped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder