CSKA Sofia make U-turn on foreigners, sign Michel Platini
Sofia: CSKA Sofia have shelved plans to build a squad made up entirely of home-based players after signing three overseas players, including Brazilian striker Michel Platini.
In June, CSKA said they would offload all the foreigners on their books but judging by their activity on the final day of the transfer window the idea has been forgotten.
Platini, namesake of the UEFA president, was one of the Bulgarian league`s revelations last season, scoring a series of spectacular goals for Chernomorets Burgas. He joins on a contract running until June 30, 2012.
CSKA also signed Paraguayan defender Hugo Baez, 26, and his midfield compatriot Jonathan Gomez, 24, after successful trials.
The Reds are top of the league after winning their first four league matches without conceding a goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...