CSKA Sofia make U-turn on foreigners, sign Michel Platini
Sofia: CSKA Sofia have shelved plans to build a squad made up entirely of home-based players after signing three overseas players, including Brazilian striker Michel Platini.
In June, CSKA said they would offload all the foreigners on their books but judging by their activity on the final day of the transfer window the idea has been forgotten.
Platini, namesake of the UEFA president, was one of the Bulgarian league`s revelations last season, scoring a series of spectacular goals for Chernomorets Burgas. He joins on a contract running until June 30, 2012.
CSKA also signed Paraguayan defender Hugo Baez, 26, and his midfield compatriot Jonathan Gomez, 24, after successful trials.
The Reds are top of the league after winning their first four league matches without conceding a goal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know