CWG baton refused entry into Kerala assembly
Thiruvananthapuram: The Queen`s Baton Relay of the Commonwealth Games, which began its tour of Kerala, was declined entry ito the state assembly complex as local organisers had failed to inform the legislative officials of it`s itinerary in advance.
When the baton convoy reached the main gate of legislature complex, security officials deployed there ddeclined it entry, saying they did not have any advance intimation on the baton`s arrival.
According to sources, the QBR authorities and local organisers of the journey did not intimate Speaker K Radhakrishnan or his office about the itinerary.
"We would not have any reluctance in welcoming the relay and according it due honour. However, we should have been informed in advance about it, "Sources in the Speaker`s office said.
Meanwhile, after covering various spots in the city including the government secretariat, the relay was given a rousing reception at the Chandrasekharan Nair stadium here.
Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan received the baton from ace athlete K N Beenamol. The baton will move to Kochi tomorrow on its way to Lakshwadweep islands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what