CWG delegation has gone back happy: Dikshit
New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games delegation that visited the sporting facilities here to take stock of the work for the 2010 Games has "gone back happy", Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Friday said.
The delegation members had their "doubts cleared" with
the organising committee of the Commonwealth Games and also
the Delhi government, she told reporters on the sidelines of a
"I think they have gone back happy. They had certain
doubts which they wanted to be cleared," Dikshit said.
The Chief Minister said she always believed that "we will
have a good Commonwealth Games."
Amid concerns over the pace of preparations, Commonwealth
Games Federation president Michael Fennell and other members
of the delegation yesterday inspected the venues and
facilities for the Games, exactly a year away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured