CWG delegation has gone back happy: Dikshit
New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games delegation that visited the sporting facilities here to take stock of the work for the 2010 Games has "gone back happy", Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Friday said.
The delegation members had their "doubts cleared" with
the organising committee of the Commonwealth Games and also
the Delhi government, she told reporters on the sidelines of a
"I think they have gone back happy. They had certain
doubts which they wanted to be cleared," Dikshit said.
The Chief Minister said she always believed that "we will
have a good Commonwealth Games."
Amid concerns over the pace of preparations, Commonwealth
Games Federation president Michael Fennell and other members
of the delegation yesterday inspected the venues and
facilities for the Games, exactly a year away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach