CWG delegation has gone back happy: Dikshit
New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games delegation that visited the sporting facilities here to take stock of the work for the 2010 Games has "gone back happy", Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Friday said.
The delegation members had their "doubts cleared" with
the organising committee of the Commonwealth Games and also
the Delhi government, she told reporters on the sidelines of a
"I think they have gone back happy. They had certain
doubts which they wanted to be cleared," Dikshit said.
The Chief Minister said she always believed that "we will
have a good Commonwealth Games."
Amid concerns over the pace of preparations, Commonwealth
Games Federation president Michael Fennell and other members
of the delegation yesterday inspected the venues and
facilities for the Games, exactly a year away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week