CWG delegation has gone back happy: Dikshit
New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games delegation that visited the sporting facilities here to take stock of the work for the 2010 Games has "gone back happy", Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Friday said.
The delegation members had their "doubts cleared" with
the organising committee of the Commonwealth Games and also
the Delhi government, she told reporters on the sidelines of a
"I think they have gone back happy. They had certain
doubts which they wanted to be cleared," Dikshit said.
The Chief Minister said she always believed that "we will
have a good Commonwealth Games."
Amid concerns over the pace of preparations, Commonwealth
Games Federation president Michael Fennell and other members
of the delegation yesterday inspected the venues and
facilities for the Games, exactly a year away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend