CWG delegation has gone back happy: Dikshit
New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games delegation that visited the sporting facilities here to take stock of the work for the 2010 Games has "gone back happy", Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Friday said.
The delegation members had their "doubts cleared" with
the organising committee of the Commonwealth Games and also
the Delhi government, she told reporters on the sidelines of a
"I think they have gone back happy. They had certain
doubts which they wanted to be cleared," Dikshit said.
The Chief Minister said she always believed that "we will
have a good Commonwealth Games."
Amid concerns over the pace of preparations, Commonwealth
Games Federation president Michael Fennell and other members
of the delegation yesterday inspected the venues and
facilities for the Games, exactly a year away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy