CWG probe: ED may summon Bhanot
New Delhi: Widening its probe into alleged violations of the country`s forex laws in the run up to the Commonwealth Games, the Enforcement Directorate may now summon Secretary General of Organising Committee Lalit Bhanot.
Official sources said the ED, which has so far questioned four senior officials connected with the Games over alleged forex violations in awarding of overlays contracts and the Queen`s Baton relay held in London last year, will now focus on other players in the OC with the first likely to be Bhanot.
The sources said the ED had almost completed its inspection of documents relating to the Games and had questioned OC Director General V K Verma, former treasurer Jayachandran, former Joint Director General T S Darbari and former Deputy Director General Sanjay Mohindroo.
The questioning has thrown light on some of the aspects that ED wanted to know but more rounds of statements are needed, they said.
The ED is working in close coordination with the Income Tax department, which sources said, has found a number of alleged discrepancies in documents seized by it.
Meanwhile, CBI today registered two cases in connection with the alleged irregularities during the QBR and carried out searches at CWG Organising Committee`s office and at residences of some of its former officials including Darbari and Mahendroo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi