CWG: Top England athletes pull out
London: There was more embarrassment as three top English athletes, including world triple jump champion Phillips Idowu, pulled out of the Commonwealth Games scheduled to start on October 3.
Besides Idowu, the other two athletes to pull out are Christine Ohuruogu and Lisa Dobriskey.
While Idowu has concerns over security preparations for the Games, Ohuruogu and Dobriskey both have injury worries.
On his Twitter feed, Idowu he said: "Sorry people, but I have children to think about. My safety is more important to them than a medal."
All three were scheduled to participate in the Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report