CWG: Top England athletes pull out
London: There was more embarrassment as three top English athletes, including world triple jump champion Phillips Idowu, pulled out of the Commonwealth Games scheduled to start on October 3.
Besides Idowu, the other two athletes to pull out are Christine Ohuruogu and Lisa Dobriskey.
While Idowu has concerns over security preparations for the Games, Ohuruogu and Dobriskey both have injury worries.
On his Twitter feed, Idowu he said: "Sorry people, but I have children to think about. My safety is more important to them than a medal."
All three were scheduled to participate in the Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug