Defoe vows to score his 100th goal against AC Milan
London: Tottenham ace Jermain Defoe has vowed to score his 100th goal for the club against AC Milan on Wednesday night.
Defoe netted his first and second Premier League goals of the campaign during Sunday’s thrilling 3-3 draw with Wolves at Molineux, taking his tally to 99.
They were his first Premier League goals for 323 days in an injury-hit season - and also his first of the campaign, according to reports.
“If I score my 100th goal for Spurs on Wednesday night there will be a reason why because I always believe things happen for a reason,” Defoe said.
“They will make it difficult for us by being organised and hard to break down. It will also be slower than our league. But, being at home, we’ll have to go forward and get a goal. We are an attacking team and that is what we do best,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef