Delhi HC allows school teacher 15 days paternity leave
New Delhi: A teacher from a private school
has been granted paternity leave for 15 days with the
intervention of the Delhi High Court after the city government
permitted schools to grant the benefit.
Justice Sunil Gaur disposed of a petition filed by
Chander Mohan Jain, a PGT commerce teacher with N K Bagrodia
Public school, seeking a direction to declare that all male
employees of unaided recognised private schools were entitled
to paternity leave.
Jain`s counsel Ashok Aggarwal said the school allowed
him to go on leave from January 2 to 17 but later the school
deducted Rs 9,239 from his salary and alleged he was not
entitled to paternity leave.
The Court then directed the school to refund the
deducted amount to Jain.
The lawyer for the school told the court that the
Directorate of Education has issued a circular allowing the
school to grant 15 days paternity leave to male teachers.
"The Directorate of Education is constitutionally and
statutorily obliged to take action against the respondent
school for its failure to grant paternity leave," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi