Delhi Metro`s six lines get rainbow colour codes
New Delhi: Delhi Metro is set to get a splash of rainbow colours on its network -- after operating on its red, blue and yellow lines, the next three to be opened by Oct 2010 will be coded green, violet and orange lines, an official said.
"The three new lines -- Inderlok to Mundka connecting north and northwest Delhi, Central Secretariat to Badarpur connecting Delhi`s centre to its southern fringes, and the Airport Express Line -- will be coded as the Green Line, Violet line and Orange line respectively," a senior Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) official said.
He said that metro systems worldwide must comply with colour codification norms.
"These colours have to be chosen to be distinct and different from one another. Such that even illiterate commuters or others can relate to the colour instead of the names of the stations," the official said.
The Metro currently operates three popular lines connecting the northern, central, eastern and southwestern parts of Delhi in a 70-km span.
Line 1 from Dilshad Garden to Rithala is known as the red line. Central Secretariat to Jahangirpur or Line 2 is the Yellow line while the Dwarka Sector 9 to Yamuna Bank or Line 3 is called the Blue line.
With the opening of three extensions on the operational lines as well as three new lines in a phased manner by September 2010, the entire National Capital Region (NCR), including neighbouring Noida and Gurgaon, will be linked by the 120-km network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’