Delhi Metro`s six lines get rainbow colour codes
New Delhi: Delhi Metro is set to get a splash of rainbow colours on its network -- after operating on its red, blue and yellow lines, the next three to be opened by Oct 2010 will be coded green, violet and orange lines, an official said.
"The three new lines -- Inderlok to Mundka connecting north and northwest Delhi, Central Secretariat to Badarpur connecting Delhi`s centre to its southern fringes, and the Airport Express Line -- will be coded as the Green Line, Violet line and Orange line respectively," a senior Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) official said.
He said that metro systems worldwide must comply with colour codification norms.
"These colours have to be chosen to be distinct and different from one another. Such that even illiterate commuters or others can relate to the colour instead of the names of the stations," the official said.
The Metro currently operates three popular lines connecting the northern, central, eastern and southwestern parts of Delhi in a 70-km span.
Line 1 from Dilshad Garden to Rithala is known as the red line. Central Secretariat to Jahangirpur or Line 2 is the Yellow line while the Dwarka Sector 9 to Yamuna Bank or Line 3 is called the Blue line.
With the opening of three extensions on the operational lines as well as three new lines in a phased manner by September 2010, the entire National Capital Region (NCR), including neighbouring Noida and Gurgaon, will be linked by the 120-km network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy