Early conclusion of WTO talks in India`s interest: Sharma
New Delhi: India Tuesday reiterated that an early conclusion of the Doha round of World Trade Organisation (WTO) talks was in the country`s "best interest".
"India has always been a strong protagonist of the multilateral trading system. We have consistently maintained that an early conclusion of the Doha round is in our best interest," Commerce Minister Anand Sharma said in a statement in the Rajya Sabha in response to a calling attention motion on the present status of WTO negotiations.
"The main negotiating issues and key elements from India`s perspective in the Doha round are to honour development, dimension, protect the interest of poor farmers and industry and seek greater market opportunities for its farmers and industry," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH