Early conclusion of WTO talks in India`s interest: Sharma
New Delhi: India Tuesday reiterated that an early conclusion of the Doha round of World Trade Organisation (WTO) talks was in the country`s "best interest".
"India has always been a strong protagonist of the multilateral trading system. We have consistently maintained that an early conclusion of the Doha round is in our best interest," Commerce Minister Anand Sharma said in a statement in the Rajya Sabha in response to a calling attention motion on the present status of WTO negotiations.
"The main negotiating issues and key elements from India`s perspective in the Doha round are to honour development, dimension, protect the interest of poor farmers and industry and seek greater market opportunities for its farmers and industry," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred