Engineering student tests positive for H1N1 in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: A 19-year-old engineering student from Canada who had come to visit his family in Punjab has tested positive for swine flu, health officials said on Sunday.
"This patient had come to visit his family in Ludhiana (in Punjab) and started exhibiting the symptoms of swine flu. We had collected his nasal and throat swab samples yesterday (Saturday) and his reports have come positive," a Chandigarh health official said.
"We have admitted him to the isolation ward at the PGIMER (Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research) here. His condition is stable and he is responding well to treatment," he added.
So far, over 230 suspected cases of swine flu have been reported in Chandigarh hospitals, of which around 40 tested positive. One casualty has been reported in the region till now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics